AT Still Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kinal002

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have an interview at AT Still this Friday, I'm really excited but also really nervous! I'm trying to prepare as much as possible... Does anyone know what types of questions they ask or have any tips for me? And I'm also trying to figure out what to wear... A full suit in 100 degree heat doesn't sound that fun to me lol, but I'll suck it up if I have to! I've read that the interviews at AT still are pretty laid back, but I don't want to be underdressed .. Any thoughts on that?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow that was fast, mind posting your credentials for the curious ones? Don't underdress, wear the suit, you can always just take off the jacket it extreme heat.

Well, I applied as an early decision applicant so I think thats why I got an interview so fast! It didn't feel fast though... I submitted my app through PTCAS maybe 2 days after it opened in July, and then submitted my secondary application to AT Still a few weeks ago!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the interview!!!
I wonder if the ED really had something to do with the quick interview?
Do you mind putting up your stats?

I sent in my secondary application a few weeks ago and just waiting on a response now.
I am hoping there will still be a chance for me?
I have been scanning this forum for a A.T. Still thread to pop up, now I am getting extremely nervous I may have gotten overlooked.

From what I heard if you get an interview at A.T., you are pretty much in the program unless you just bomb the "laid back" interview.

I also have an interview at AT Still this upcoming Friday!! I'm an ED applicant as well, and submitted my application August 13th. I believe they have to give you this early interview date because PTCAS requires schools to tell ED applicants if they are denied/accepted by September 15th, 2014.

I know a second year student at AT Still from my undergrad, and yes he said the interviews are very laid back. He said don't worry about having scripted answers, just be yourself and everything goes fine. The head of the admissions for the DPT program there also told me that (without directly saying it) you will be accepted as long as you "don't bomb the interview and have social skills".

Also, I will be wearing a blazer for the interview with black pants. I know it's going to be extremely hot, but another student I'm friends with who just graduated from there said the attire is business casual, but that you can't go wrong with the blazer. Hope this helps!

*** I meant to say September 25th, 2014

Can you please post your stats? I am also applying to this program, probably end of September as I put the finishing touches on my application. I just want to know what kind of an applicant they are looking for. I know I don't have stellar grades but I'm retaking a few courses so just wanted to see how I stack up.
Thanks!

Don't be shocked by my stats, as they are pretty low. This is my second time applying (last time I applied to multiple schools), and this time around I tailored my application to AT Still because I really want to attend their program.

Overall GPA: 3.1
PTCAS Prereq GPA: 3.06
PT Observation hours: 5,000 + in outpatient (I've worked for Athletico Physical Therapy for 5 years as a rehabilitation aide), 110 hours inpatient, 6 hours pediatric
Extra-curricular/work: Student-athlete 4 years at undergrad, member of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee at undergrad, coached soccer camps for two summers while in undergrad, work study, currently a Strength Coach for my undergrad's Women's Soccer team, attended a seminar at Athletico involving upper extremity injuries related to golf.
GRE: Verbal 149, Quantitative 147, Writing 4 (if you have taken the GRE multiple times, AT Still takes your best GRE scores and puts them together).

I actually got an email today from Whitney notifying me of my interview invite.
I scheduled it for Friday (9-12-14) @10:15. :)

Anyone scheduled for the same time?

I applied through the articulation agreement but not early decision.
I wonder if this first wave of interviews are only for ED and articulation agreement candidates?

My interview time is at 11:00! It's not a group interview, correct? And I would think that this first wave of interviews would be for those specific applicants?

My interview time is at 11:00! It's not a group interview, correct? And I would think that this first wave of interviews would be for those specific applicants?
Congrats to you and everyone else who received an interview already! I hope they all went well. I was wondering if you guys could share how your interview went and what was involved during the whole thing?

You just did a quick tour of the campus when you first arrive by a student ambassador ( Well our tour was super quick because the fellow hopeful I was paired with had already been to the campus before, as have I). You can ask whatever kind of questions you want when you are touring, My guy was super helpful and genuinely nice. He then took us up stairs to admissions and we got abducted by a core faculty member for our one on one interview. I am not quite sure how long my interview was because everything was happening pretty quickly ( Maybe 30 mins). After that It was a quick Q & A with the Director of Progression and Retention and 2 current students. (again ask anything you want). Once we were done there, they told us they would let us know of their decision by next week and we were free to leave.

Overall I think my day went pretty well. I actually ran into a current student or two I knew from high school/ undergrad. I also attended an open house tour awhile back and I had a few people remember who I was from that. I am hoping that initial lasting impression and my performance today landed me a spot for August. I guess time will tell haha.

All in all I think it was a pretty mellow day and interview. I have never been to a grad school or DPT interview before so I can not compare with other programs. ( First year applicant)

Hope it helps!! This post is getting too long, sorry for my novel lol

Reactions: 1 user
Don't be shocked by my stats, as they are pretty low. This is my second time applying (last time I applied to multiple schools), and this time around I tailored my application to AT Still because I really want to attend their program.

Overall GPA: 3.1
PTCAS Prereq GPA: 3.06
PT Observation hours: 5,000 + in outpatient (I've worked for Athletico Physical Therapy for 5 years as a rehabilitation aide), 110 hours inpatient, 6 hours pediatric
Extra-curricular/work: Student-athlete 4 years at undergrad, member of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee at undergrad, coached soccer camps for two summers while in undergrad, work study, currently a Strength Coach for my undergrad's Women's Soccer team, attended a seminar at Athletico involving upper extremity injuries related to golf.
GRE: Verbal 149, Quantitative 147, Writing 4 (if you have taken the GRE multiple times, AT Still takes your best GRE scores and puts them together).
Do you have any C's in your pre-reqs? That's where I'm hurting the most.... But in my defense they're in physics and chemistry!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone,

Question for those who have received interviews: PTCAS mailed out my application today 9/16/14, about when should I expect to receive the secondary application? Also what exactly does the secondary application consist of ?

Has anyone else received a interview with a low GPA and GRE scores?

You just did a quick tour of the campus when you first arrive by a student ambassador ( Well our tour was super quick because the fellow hopeful I was paired with had already been to the campus before, as have I). You can ask whatever kind of questions you want when you are touring, My guy was super helpful and genuinely nice. He then took us up stairs to admissions and we got abducted by a core faculty member for our one on one interview. I am not quite sure how long my interview was because everything was happening pretty quickly ( Maybe 30 mins). After that It was a quick Q & A with the Director of Progression and Retention and 2 current students. (again ask anything you want). Once we were done there, they told us they would let us know of their decision by next week and we were free to leave.

Overall I think my day went pretty well. I actually ran into a current student or two I knew from high school/ undergrad. I also attended an open house tour awhile back and I had a few people remember who I was from that. I am hoping that initial lasting impression and my performance today landed me a spot for August. I guess time will tell haha.

All in all I think it was a pretty mellow day and interview. I have never been to a grad school or DPT interview before so I can not compare with other programs. ( First year applicant)

Hope it helps!! This post is getting too long, sorry for my novel lol

Hey, I also interviewed Friday... Have you heard back yet? They said we would hear back by Friday or Monday, it is now Tuesday and I am going crazy!! Has anyone else that interviewed heard back?

Yeah I also havent heard anything!!! I was also told they would give us their decision by monday. Im not trying to let it get to me just yet though, Ive been reading the forum and candidates at others schools have been waiting for weeks after interview.

*****Update*****

Anyone that interviewed Friday, check your email.
I recieved an ACCEPTANCE email from Whitney about an hour ago!!
:soexcited::soexcited:
Really excited and relieved to have an acceptance this early.

Last edited:
Ahhh I got accepted too! So happy, relieved, and excited!!

Sorry I didn't post sooner, I'm kinda superstitious about things like this lol :p wanted to wait until after I heard something!

Now that I have.. Here are my stats.. My ptcas gpa was a 2.96, and prereq gpa a 2.93. I know, not the best, but I have busted my butt since I graduated in 2011 to get those numbers up, and it has all paid off finally! So there is hope for anyone that is questioning it, I promise, just keep on truckin! Honestly, I didn't know what I wanted to do my freshman and sophomore year, and my grades definitely reflected that. Junior year I did okay, and senior year I killed it, and since then there's been an upward trend in my grades, so I'm not sure if that played any part in my acceptance. It was also my second year applying, and I applied as an early decision candidate, so I'm sure those factors helped as well! And as for all the extra stuff, my degree was in sport management, and I am a certified personal trainer as well as a youth sports coach (mainly gymnastics). I also attended the University of Minnesota on a full ride for gymnastics, retired during my junior year and volunteered as a team manager after that. Not sure if all this helps, but hopefully that answers some questions!

Hey guys! I got accepted too! I interviewed on Friday. Did the early decision thing which definitely paid off! Second time applying to this school, Last time did not do early decision and was late applying. Excited to get to know you guys come next year!

I will most likely take the seat offered unless I get in to NAU. Everywhere else I applied is not much of a tuition difference from A.T. and would require me to move (I live in Az). I am more than impressed and feel at home at the campus, but you can not beat NAU cost and program.
I guess time will tell, this is my first year applying to a grad program and just beyond relieved I have an "acceptance" so early in the game!
Wheeewwww.:banana:

Good luck to everyone that hasn't heard back or interview to come.

I was also accepted!!! I am so excited!!!!

For those of you with lower GPAs, it is possible!!! As long as you work really hard to improve your application (if you are a second timer like me) and ask the school specifically what you need to do to get into their program, you have a really great chance of getting in. My GPA after I retook a science class was a 3.06 prereq & a 3.01 overall. Retake classes & the GRE if need be (I took it 3 times), get more experience, and get involved in the community any way you can. The admissions board wants to see you can succeed academically, but also that you are a well-rounded individual.

Also, PTCAS mails applications out to schools every Tuesday, so once that happens you should get the supplemental pretty quick.

If A.T. Still is your first choice, don't hesitate to apply as an Early Decision Applicant. I believe it makes a huge difference.
I can't wait to move to Arizona next year!!

Has Anyone heard from AT Still this week???

I received an email yesterday that my application is complete and being forwarded to the screening committee.

does anyone know about how long it took from the time you submitted the supplemental stuff to the time you heard back?

No31-- I am wondering that as well. It is approaching 7 weeks from my secondary application being completed. I emailed Whitney today asking about it, so maybe I'll find out more soon!

treetops2---oh wow. they just sent me an email today saying they received my secondary app and gave me the key to check the progress of it. everything of mine has been submitted already as im sure yours has as well. hope that you hear something soon and hope that my wait time is a little bit shorter haha!

I think the next wave of interviews are on December 12th. Id assume you will be hearing back soon, it took around 4 weeks from when I submitted my secondary app til my interview invite.

I think the next wave of interviews are on December 12th. Id assume you will be hearing back soon, it took around 4 weeks from when I submitted my secondary app til my interview invite.
so is your interview date on dec 12? just wondering how much notice they give you from the invite to the actual interview!

treetops2---oh wow. they just sent me an email today saying they received my secondary app and gave me the key to check the progress of it. everything of mine has been submitted already as im sure yours has as well. hope that you hear something soon and hope that my wait time is a little bit shorter haha!

I was told that applications are being reviewed still and that invites for interview/acceptance will be sent out in November -- not sure when in November that means though ha.

Just got an interview invite from Whitney. Does anyone know if there are other feeds with current students of AT Still that can give feedback about the program?

Just got an interview invite from Whitney. Does anyone know if there are other feeds with current students of AT Still that can give feedback about the program?
Not sure about other feeds, but if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your supplemental? Congrats on the interview!

Not sure about other feeds, but if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your supplemental? Congrats on the interview!
Thanks! I submitted my supplemental on 8/4.

Okay, So I got an interview here. Still undecided if I should go for the early date Nov 14 or wait until Dec 15/19. Submitted my secondary oct.7. So nervous! Does their interview take only one day and anyone else interviewing these days?

Okay, So I got an interview here. Still undecided if I should go for the early date Nov 14 or wait until Dec 15/19. Submitted my secondary oct.7. So nervous! Does their interview take only one day and anyone else interviewing these days?

Hi Katrose, congrats on your interview! I was reading your past post and am wondering if you have a interview for PT or the DO program?

lol yes I am a DO applicant. I got so excited, I ended up posting in the wrong thread ;)

Hello All,
I just received an interview invite to AT STILL, it is scheduled for next month (dec 12th)! I was hoping you guys could give me some advice as to how to prepare for the interview? What kinds of questions will be asked? Any questions on medicare caps, obama care and things like that?
Thanks for your help, congrats to all of you who got accepted I hope to be joining you!

I'm not able to fly down so I'm doing my interview over the phone. I'd love some feedback on the campus, faculty, etc if anyone wouldn't mind.

Yeah I also havent heard anything!!! I was also told they would give us their decision by monday. Im not trying to let it get to me just yet though, Ive been reading the forum and candidates at others schools have been waiting for weeks after interview.

*****Update*****

Anyone that interviewed Friday, check your email.
I recieved an ACCEPTANCE email from Whitney about an hour ago!!
:soexcited::soexcited:
Really excited and relieved to have an acceptance this early.

Hi Urseth727,
Congrats on your acceptance! I have an interview next month. Can you please provide some tips as how to prepare for the interview? Were there questions pertaining to direct access? Or anything political?

I did an interview over the phone back on the 12th. They emailed me on the 15th saying I was waitlisted.

Yea I had just had a phone interview on 12/12 and the let me know of an acceptance on 12/15

Just received an Interview invite!! Has anyone else heard back ?

Yes! I received an email last week!
Campus interview is scheduled for the end of this month!!

That's Awesome!! My interview is the second week of February, Do you know how many people they have accepted so far?

does anybody know much about this program like it's reputation or anything? Most people i've asked have never heard of this school before?

So I've been accepted and placed on the waiting list.... Has anyone heard anything lately or plan on giving up their seat to go else where ?

So I've been accepted and placed on the waiting list.... Has anyone heard anything lately or plan on giving up their seat to go else where ?

I'm in the same boat. Do you know your waitlist number?
There's gonna be quite a few people who will give up their spot pretty soon because there are NAU interviews tomorrow, and within the next few months all the other schools will send out their final decisions.