Oct 16, 2013
Status
I was complete with all my MD/PhD secondaries mid-September. I've heard back from 1/3 of my schools favorably but at this point, would it be fair to say that it's most likely a rejection if I haven't gotten a interview invite?

According to the MD/PhD interview calendar, it seems like a lot of interviews end january so is it right for me to suspect that most schools have stopped giving out interview invites?

mTORC

5+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2013
Status
Medical Student
It's not over until the last invites have been sent. Send updates to your applications to those schools, perhaps reaffirm your interest in some of the programs. Maybe it's just my perspective, but don't focus on impending rejections; rather, make the most of the current interviews you have and keep trying to convince the other schools to invite you for an interview.

alpinism

Give Em' the Jet Fuel
7+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2011
Detroit
If you weren't complete till mid-Sept, you might still get more IIs in Dec/Jan.

phonyreal98

10+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2008
Status
MD/PhD Student
UNC doesn't send out their interview invites until early December, so hold on if you applied there.

Feb 27, 2013
Status
MD/PhD Student
I just got an invite from a school I was waiting on a few days ago for a january interview. Follow up with the schools if you can with letters of interest or updates on your application and the like.

I am sure it depends on the school, however, I don't think we can make the assertion that no Interview Invite = a silent rejection -- atleast at this point. Maybe in late december or mid january but I'm pulling date ranges out of the air right now.