Atlantic Bridge 2017

Started by deleted390966
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I received letters of rejection from RCSI (yesterday) and UCD (today). Doesn't look promising for me for any of the schools.

Me too. I have my fingers crossed for UCC, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm very disappointed; I have no idea what their admission criteria is
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to the GEM programs at UCD and RCSI. Still waiting on UCC and any potential response from UL.

I have also applied to the GEM programs and am waiting for the replies from the schools. All the best and hopefully we will receive favourable news🙂
 
Last edited:
So how was it, what do u like about RCSI, what do u dislike about RCSI. Also did u live at Mercer, if yes how was it? Starting med at RCSI in Sept(6 yr) from Ontario Canada.
I like that RCSI has a purely medical focus and that the curriculum reflects this. I also love the cultural diversity that is present at the college. There are students from over 70 different countries. However, It is a rather small college and there isn't as much faculty as there maybe should be so there seems to be quite a few scheduling errors and our classes are moved around pretty frequently. I did live in Mercer and I really enjoyed it. It was really easy to meet people and make friends in the student accommodation. It was also really nice being so close to the college to and city centre.
 
Yeah. I'm gonna take the MCAT and the first semester bio Chem and physics. I will try and maintain and increase my GPA to minimum 3.6. My goal is to score high on the MCAT. Nothing lower than a 490. I already understand all the sciences. But proof is needed so..
 
Hi! Not sure if this has been answered before, but I haven't heard from UL yet - I haven't interviewed for UL either. What are the odds that UL will host another round of interviews?? Thanks for any help!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i have been offered a place at limerick, but Im still waiting for other irish school. Are schools like cork, galway, and trinity dublin done sending out offers??

TCD started sending out their second round of offers. It's been over a week now. UCC and NUIG are starting soon too (I was told, mid-late May)
 
Congrats to all of you! 🙂
Anyone who went to the interview and presentation for the RCSI Bahrain in Canada, does anyone remember what's the name of the guy that was presenting and does anyone has his email? unfortunately, I lost his business card! Thanks
 
Congrats! 🙂

May I ask what were your stats?
I have not heard back from TCD.
Thank you 🙂

CGPA: 3.75 (at time of acceptance)
MCAT: 505 (that was not counted though)
Extracurriculars including hospital volunteer, physician shadowing, research, student groups.

Good Luck on your application!
 
Hi! Not sure if this has been answered before, but I haven't heard from UL yet - I haven't interviewed for UL either. What are the odds that UL will host another round of interviews?? Thanks for any help!

I don't think they will have another round of interviews. They interviewed ~100 people in the first round and accepted ~45. So I'm guessing they will first go through the waitlist of 55 people leftover from the first-round, before they conduct another round of interviews. So the likelihood of another round of interviews is almost negligible..
 
Just wanted to verify, it sounds as though only UCC and UCD have yet to send out their second round offers?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@sassa or anybody else enrolled in Limerick's GEM programme, how long was your winterbreak? a rough estimation of dates would be extremely helpful!
I know it starts ~17th December, but anyone know when it ends?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, does anyone know if UCC Sheares Gate accommodation is gender specific, or are there a mix of males/females living together?
 
@sassa or anybody else enrolled in Limerick's GEM programme, how long was your winterbreak? a rough estimation of dates would be extremely helpful!
I know it starts ~17th December, but anyone know when it ends?

It ends right after New Years. So you have 2 weeks off for Year 1, 2 and 3. Year 4 is a bit different. Expect to be back around Jan 2-4th.

The rest of the school goes back in February but GEMS is on a separate calendar.