Atlantic Bridge Program Dental Admissions 2016

Hey guys, I was accepted into the 5 year program at UCC yesterday.

Goodluck to everyone else :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I got an interview for Queens Belfast today if anyone was interested!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview for Queen's University Belfast ! Did anyone else get an interview for this university or does anyone know if you can get accepted without an interview at UCC?

Last edited:
Also accepted for the GED at UCC!
Email was sent April 18th.
Stats:
Undergrad in Biochemistry at the UofA
3.92 cGPA
DAT: 20PAT/21AA/28MDT/20RC

I have a friend who was accepted to the UCC 5 year program with similar stats (higher DAT scores).
Good luck to all!

Anyone know of a facebook group to see incoming students? Thanks.

Also accepted for the GED at UCC!
Email was sent April 18th.
Stats:
Undergrad in Biochemistry at the UofA
3.92 cGPA
DAT: 20PAT/21AA/28MDT/20RC

I have a friend who was accepted to the UCC 5 year program with similar stats (higher DAT scores).
Good luck to all!

Anyone know of a facebook group to see incoming students? Thanks.

Oh wow, you weren't able to secure a Canadian spot with your stats? :oops:

It
Wait-listed at McGill and UBC... Havent heard back from UofA. Apparently my interview techniques are lacking :/

It's so hard to get into anything nowadays, at least you got a spot somewhere!!! Congratulations :)

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone received any rejections from any of the Ireland schools yet?

hi folks, I was accepted to UCC 4 year Program early march... how many of us (4 year BDS) are there?

Members don't see this ad :)
and for those who are accepting, how are you financing this? 400,000 is quite alot of money :)

400K? It's closer to 250K in terms of speaking only tuitions. Rent + living shouldn't exceed 40-60k I would think over 4 years. Total 310K tops! Unless I'm missing something.

Ben

and for those who are accepting, how are you financing this? 400,000 is quite alot of money :)

its close to 380-400K.... Living Expenses is around 18,000-20,000 euros *4 and converted to canadian its around 104K after 4 years...it is also on Atlantic Bridge FAQ ..cost of living

Oh, I must be missing the COL FAQ sheet. Which packet is that in? Thanks

thanks, congrats to you too. see you in the fall. we should share contacts or facebook, i am in toronto atm. as for the link:

it has been our experience that, on average, students will spend approximately €18,000 (Euros) per year (approx £13,000 UK Pounds) on living expenses (housing, food, supplies, transportation, etc.). These expenses may be financed through financial aid. http://www.atlanticbridge.com/dentistry/faq/

Ah right. I tentatively glanced at that. I was thinking that was an over-estimate as it seemed high per year costs.

Hey, would any 4 year UCCers be interested in looking for a place together in Cork? :)

which residence are you looking at

Last edited:
Hi

I applied to UCC and TCD. I completed the supplementary form for UCC mid-February. A lot of you (lovely) people got into TCD and UCC (congrats!)...does this mean I am in the waitlist or rejected?

Last edited:
Hi

I applied to UCC and TCD. I completed the supplementary form for UCC mid-February. A lot of you (lovely) people got into TCD and UCC (congrats!)...does this mean I am in the waitlist or rejected?

I emailed Robert and he let me know the status of my application. You could ask him or admissions, either would be good options.

Congrats to those who are accepted! I'm studying at TCD if anyone has any questions feel free to message me. Just FYI, they accepted 9 Canadians last year. If I remember correctly they don't send out rejections until August. It is very difficult to find housing in Dublin so I'd suggest you apply for halls, most of the Canadians lived here this past year so it was really nice being together.

Congrats to those who are accepted! I'm studying at TCD if anyone has any questions feel free to message me. Just FYI, they accepted 9 Canadians last year. If I remember correctly they don't send out rejections until August. It is very difficult to find housing in Dublin so I'd suggest you apply for halls, most of the Canadians lived here this past year so it was really nice being together.

Hey thanks for the post Dent222. Were there only 9 Canadians accepted in the entirety of the Atlantic bridge program or at TCD?

I emailed Robert and he let me know the status of my application. You could ask him or admissions, either would be good options.
I emailed Atlantic Bridge and they were really nice. I didn't make the 1st round of admissions and they did not tell me when 2nd round of admissions are sent out. I guess I'll be waiting until August for either an acceptance or rejection to TCD or/and UCC.

I emailed Atlantic Bridge and they were really nice. I didn't make the 1st round of admissions and they did not tell me when 2nd round of admissions are sent out. I guess I'll be waiting until August for either an acceptance or rejection to TCD or/and UCC.

Well I hope you hear back soon! :)

Update:
Dear "Stressed Student"

UCC and TCD have both released two rounds of offers at this time, but they have not yet made a decision on your file.

Your application remains active at both schools. As soon as a decision is made on your file (whether offer or regret), you will be updated.
Best regards,

Unfortunately i just received a rejection letter from TCD. Fingers crossed for cork!
I wish everyone waiting and admitted the best of luck

Unfortunately i just received a rejection letter from TCD. Fingers crossed for cork!
I wish everyone waiting and admitted the best of luck
I recieved a rejection letter from TCD too :(. Fingers crossed for Cork too.

hope you guys get accepted somewhere, I confirmed my spot at Cork back in march

"Your application is on reserve at University College Cork and you are still eligible to receive an offer.
UCC will likely have a final decision on your application soon and we will be sure to notify you should the status of your application change."
Atlantic Bridge sent me this when I asked for an update. The word 'soon' gave me a mini heart attack...I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I get into UCC

Also some of my Canadian peers just recieved offers to U of A dentistry...so I'm guessing Canadian dental schools are sending out offers this week?

Got my rejection from Trinity :( I got hopes for Cork but it looks like many of us are on the same boat and I think a lot of seats are filled by now... goodluck to you all.

Hey Im going to TCD in Sept, anyone else applied for accommodation yet? where did you apply and has anyone heard back from them?