UPenn Dental Match Rate

Started by l1278
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

l1278

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Just wondering if anyone knows of UPenn Dental's match rates for specialty programs? I haven't been able to find this information published anywhere. Interested in their average match rate overall as well as in OMFS if anyone knows. Thanks!
 
Their match rates are probably about the same as any other school. The Dental Match data is published here: Dental Match | Statistics of the Match

If you are trying to match at a singular school, the chances are usually very low.. Unless you really know the people there well, and they like you. Most applicants, even superstar applicants apply quite broadly so they have the best chances to getting into their desired specialty.

Beggars can't be choosers. If you get into a program, great. You go to it regardless of where it is.
 
Their match rates are probably about the same as any other school. The Dental Match data is published here: Dental Match | Statistics of the Match

If you are trying to match at a singular school, the chances are usually very low.. Unless you really know the people there well, and they like you. Most applicants, even superstar applicants apply quite broadly so they have the best chances to getting into their desired specialty.

Beggars can't be choosers. If you get into a program, great. You go to it regardless of where it is.
You make a good point, but I think UPenn does have better match rates than other schools. How significant is it? Not enough to make a bad applicant into a good one just on reputation. But it's icing on the cake. I do think there's a difference with certain elite schools, Upenn being one of them
 
Probably similar. Both are great schools, with well known OMFS faculty for strong LORs. I went to UCSF, now in OMFS. The P/F curriculum was really helpful. I got interested later in dental school (D3 year) and if I had a GPA that would've probably held me back. We probably had like 6 go into OMFS in my class. Lot of my classmates went ortho, peds, perio, GPR, just like other places. If more of my classmates wanted OMFS, I think they had what it took to make it in, but it wasnt the interest for most of them.

With that being said, it kind of just comes down to the CBSE. Not a huge difference on where you go to dental school imo.

Probably can't go wrong with either school, I'm biased towards UCSF though.
 
Last edited: