Atlantic Bridge/UK Vet School Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandiegosun

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm really interested in applying to the Royal Veterinary College (U of London) through the Atlantic Bridge program. I knew that the program accepts about 25-40 people between two schools per year. Didn't know how competitive it was until I called and discovered the average number of applications they receive: 500...yikes!

Now I'm a little paranoid. Are there any successful (or unsuccessful) RVC students or applicants out there that can tell me how my stats compare and/or how competitive the process is?
My educational experience is pretty good:
B.A. Biological Anthropology with Honors, U of California
3.77 overall GPA (Cum Laude), 3.8 Science

My animal experience consists of some shadowing in a vet practice and about a year of research, etc. at a Zoo and Wild Animal Park. Also wrote an honors thesis based on this work.

I'm pretty confident, just trying to get some peace of mind (and know that its not impossible!) Good luck to all of you out there going through the same!!

-SanDiegoSun

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I graduated from the RVC in 2005 so hopefully I can provide you with some useful information.

I can tell you that your GPA is excellent and far surpassed mine at the time of application. I'm not sure how your GRE compares. I had quite a bit of veterinary/animal experience when I applied- small and large animal combined. It sounds like you had a fair amount as well.

I think you are quite a competitive candidate...however, I don't make the decisions. Have you already applied or are you thinking of applying next year. I know I didn't even receive an application until March or of 2005 and I got an acceptance in May.

Anyway, you can e-mail me at [email protected] if you want to talk more or have any questions. Good luck!

:) Judy