Atrial EKG??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Giic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please explain the Atrial EKG to me - everything from how to connect the leads, to how to read them, and why they are useful....
Would also appreciate some resources if you have any....
Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean the Lewis Lead? The original article is here. You can also read a brief summary here. In short, take the limb leads and arrange them to look like the Miss America sash and then look at leads I and II.

I think they were talking about from epicardial wires and the atrial EKG from the wire attached to the atria, correct? Post-operative CVICU patients frequently come back with epicardial wires and you can get an atrial EKG to help identify the cause of dysrhythmia (Aflutter, why is there AV block etc..)

There are a few papers specifically on epicardial wires if this is what you were looking for

Temporary epicardial pacing after cardiac surgery: a practical review: part 1: general considerations in the management of epicardial pacing.

Temporary epicardial pacing after cardiac surgery: a practical review: part 2:

Members don't see this ad :)
yes that's what I meant... atrial ekg as measured using the epicardial wires in post-op patients... were those supposed to be links? I just see bold, large text.

sorry not links just the names of the articles