Attend Quinnipiac interview with Rocky Vista (DO) acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jayhiller21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I liked RVU alot and the location as well. Quinnipiac is new, more expensive, much further away (im from CA)/ not near any major cities. Only reason I would consider Quinnipiac is for the MD degree, unless anyone has other arguments for the school. Also, as of now i would like to give myself the best options for matching on the west coast. As for specialty, i havent seriously considered going into one of the competitive specialties but who knows, that may change. Would I shooting be shooting myself in the foot by not attending the MD interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Fwiw, i loved Quinnipiac. Beautiful campus and everything is brand new.

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to the interview ! I got accepted by them (probably will not attend because I got into my state school) but their campus is really nice. Everything is new and they are super friendly. Like someone mentioned before, an MD will definately open up more doors for you, especially in CA.

Reactions: 1 user
Isn't Rocky Vista for profit? I understand they are not 'scorned' any more, but that at one point in the not too distant past, they were...

Go to the interview

Reactions: 2 users
I made a similar decision to this. I was accepted at PCOM so I ended up turning down a wake forest interview because I'd be so far away from my family and significant other. I'm at an MD school now though and am really grateful that I don't have to worry about taking STEP/COMLEX both and that I don't have to think too much about how my degree will affect residency options. In the end I think it depends on how important your ties to the west coast are and if temporarily separating from them is worth it if it will make your path a little (maybe a lot) easier.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

MD for sure!

I have a friend at Netter and he loves it there. I would definitely go if I were you.

Reactions: 1 user
Simply because the MD can open more doors for you in terms of residency, I advise going to the II. Whatever the difference is in tuition, you can make it back by matching into a more lucrative specialty. This is NOT to say that will happen, but at least fewers doors are closed to you.

The distance thing, you'll have to assess after the interview and if you get an accept. Your situation is not unique. My own school, being west of the Mississippi, garners in a number of very good CA students because they're rather stay closer to home and have the DO, rather than go further away for an MD degree.

I liked RVU alot and the location as well. Quinnipiac is new, more expensive, much further away (im from CA)/ not near any major cities. Only reason I would consider Quinnipiac is for the MD degree, unless anyone has other arguments for the school. Also, as of now i would like to give myself the best options for matching on the west coast. As for specialty, i havent seriously considered going into one of the competitive specialties but who knows, that may change. Would I shooting be shooting myself in the foot by not attending the MD interview?

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I'll definitely attend the interview.

Reactions: 1 users
A good portion of the class at Netter is from the west coast.