Attended many schools, many transcripts. A Problem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fiatlux77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For personal reasons (be it work, relocation, night school hours, family) I've had to switch from university to university (4 in total). I've done well at each institution but was wondering if adcom would look down upon this.

I appreciate any insight into this matter.

Members don't see this ad.

For personal reasons (be it work, relocation, night school hours, family) I've had to switch from university to university (4 in total). I've done well at each institution but was wondering if adcom would look down upon this.

I appreciate any insight into this matter.

If the reasons are justified, then I don't see why there is a problem. Life can get in the way, and the adcoms aren't robots. I'd imagine it'll be more of a hassle when the time comes to get transcripts from each separate institution, then getting all of them in a timely manner for the AMCAS.

If you've done well, then that might be something you can write about - being able to balance the stress of life outside of academics taking a real toll on your stability and how you've dealt with that.

Thanks incognito guy. Yea I'll have to justify it in writing.

If it appears that the reason you switched from university to university was repeatedly poor academic performance then yes, it will be counted against you. If not, then with a good explanation (and collecting all those transcripts come AMCAS time) you should be fine.