Attendings. How many hours do you work? What setting? How much do you make?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
50-60 hrs a week, call weeks about 4 times a year, partner after less than 5 years, just over 7 figures after partnership low 200's to start.
Say wha?????? 7 figures??? R u kidding?

Members don't see this ad.

Being as that you are new here, I'd like some description of how you do that? Very impressive if true. I am hitting 600K doing in office GI, 30 hrs per week plus driving

Being as that you are new here, I'd like some description of how you do that? Very impressive if true. I am hitting 600K doing in office GI, 30 hrs per week plus driving

How did you go about finding in office GI work? That’s a good gig you got, 600k for 30 hrs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you do a GI fellowship? Nice gig you got there.

Did you do a GI fellowship? Nice gig you got there.

No. I had a good reputation in my city after 15 plus yrs in hospital PP. Left my practice to work for the big local GI group when they opened a lab. Then I teamed up with a sales rep for a big AP lab to convert several other GI groups from client billing to tech-26 shortly after my state passed anti mark up legislation.

I get more signed out in 2 hrs than many pathologists do in a day. I average 5 - 6 trays per hour.

Reactions: 1 user
Say wha?????? 7 figures??? R u kidding?

7 figures in path! That's a lot of figures! Was there no response because you were busy making / spending all that money? Or because it wasn't true?

7 figures in path! That's a lot of figures! Was there no response because you were busy making / spending all that money? Or because it wasn't true?
That set off my BS detector too.

Reactions: 1 user
That set off my BS detector too.

Not saying I believe that he is pulling 7 figures. But I certainly believe it's a possibility. I know of a derm guy that pulled out of a sweet PP gig to construct his own lab, and I have no questions he's pulling multiples of 7 figures now. Also, I personally see 7 figures as a possibility for myself. I just need another contract or two and I'm there. I bet there are numerous derm and GI PP gigs that are pulling those numbers...

7 figures in pathology is not only absolutely doable, you can google certain pathologists who have a well over a 1mil/year salary courtesy of the FOIA.

But raw dollar pay is immaterial to me, a million in NYC or SF is like 300K in central Iowa.

I would rather make less and be in a very low cost/low tax state and be stress free.

Last edited: