CertLink question- how many questions do you get?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gbwillner

Pastafarian
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, I gotta say overall I like CertLink and I REALLY like not going to Tampa, and not just because it is an armpit, for recertification exams.

But as I log in for my quarterly assessments, I am reminded that I am continuously getting different numbers of questions every time. The number ranges from 15-25 or so, and I am wondering why this is. Does anyone know? You also need to design an assessment every few quarters, as I just had to. But I swear it wasn't even a year ago when I last needed to design an assessment. Does the number of questions vary based on where you are in the assessment cycle, or based on your performance on the last exam?

Anyway, I am looking for more reasons to procrastinate.

Members don't see this ad.

At first I didn’t like it - but now I do.

I did the full recertification exam once
But now will do the cert link moving forward.
I think I’ve always gotten exactly 15 Qs / cycle

I just did mine and it seems like they're adding questions that you previously got wrong ("clone questions"). On top of my standard 15 questions, I got 3 additional questions that I remember I got wrong in prior quarters.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just did mine and it seems like they're adding questions that you previously got wrong ("clone questions"). On top of my standard 15 questions, I got 3 additional questions that I remember I got wrong in prior quarters.

On top of this there also seems to be some sort of algorithm that takes into account what you put as your level of certainty when you answered your questions.

Playing around with it over the past few years, questions you say you weren't sure at all about tend to show up again in your next assessments, and stuff you say you were confident about tends not to show up as much...something I've found useful to know.

I thought some of these were test/sample questions... which may explain why they could have sprinkled in a few more than normal.

Never select bone and soft tissue as a focus area...holy crap those ?s are hard. I tried it for fun and it was a mess.