Attire for Post-Bacc Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JonnyMintz

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

What do you guys recommend for a male to wear to a Post-bacc interview (formal full-time program)?

The interview is about 1.5-2 hours long. Do you consider this the same as a medical school interview, or less formal? I was originally thinking slacks and sports coat with no tie, but what do you guys think?

Thanks!!!
 
What do you guys recommend for a male to wear to a Post-bacc interview (formal full-time program)? The interview is about 1.5-2 hours long. Do you consider this the same as a medical school interview, or less formal? I was originally thinking slacks and sports coat with no tie, but what do you guys think?
I would treat it as a medical school interview. Wear a suit and tie.
 
Wearing a suit for any interview, even the most menial job, is something I would recommend.
 
I have always been told that it is hard too dress too formally, but easy to dress too casually. If it is important to you, I would wear a suit and tie personally. You may be a little over dressed, but you will not be dinged for inappropriate dress.