Attire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iluvmycat

Reaction score
Current/past dental students - what is the dress code for your school? What do you wear to lecture D1 and D2 year? I know in clinic/lab you’ll likely wear scrubs. By D3 and D4, are you mostly in scrubs? Are there any dental schools that require business casual?

Members don't see this ad.

We wear normal clothes to lecture, scrubs for clinic, and scrubs+white coat for lab. I think UF is your choice between ceil blue scrubs and business casual (button up shirt w/ tie and slacks for guys) to lecture

Reactions: 1 user
Current/past dental students - what is the dress code for your school? What do you wear to lecture D1 and D2 year? I know in clinic/lab you’ll likely wear scrubs. By D3 and D4, are you mostly in scrubs? Are there any dental schools that require business casual?
UNLV wears scrubs every day for all 4 years. I am very sick of the color maroon lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
UNLV wears scrubs every day for all 4 years. I am very sick of the color maroon lol
Lol reminds me of my family member. They were so sick of their scrub color by the end of dental school and when they started residency the pd said they could pick any scrub color they wanted as long as they all agreed and stuck with it. Well, the free hospital scrubs were their class color so they opted for those and they were stuck with that color another 2-3 years lol. To this day, that color of scrubs is banned in their office

There is an old saying: Don't dress for who you are now, dress for who you want to be.

There is a way to dress to say, "I am an "A" student."

If you don't care about your grades, wear whatever you want.

it varies by school
many wear scrubs every day
UOP i know has a dress code
don't choose a school based on the dress code...

it varies by school
many wear scrubs every day
UOP i know has a dress code
don't choose a school based on the dress code...

Not choosing a school based on dress code. Just curious!

my school you can wear whatever you want to lecture.

sim clinic/labs/clinic must wear scrubs of any color or type.

looking back, I kinda wish there was some sort of color standardization or something, everyone looks really jumbled.

at another d school I know they made students of specific years all wear the same color. like blue for D1s, black D2s etc. it would stay the same for each class year though throughout the 4 years so you didn't have to buy new scrubs each year.

my school you can wear whatever you want to lecture.

sim clinic/labs/clinic must wear scrubs of any color or type.

looking back, I kinda wish there was some sort of color standardization or something, everyone looks really jumbled.

at another d school I know they made students of specific years all wear the same color. like blue for D1s, black D2s etc. it would stay the same for each class year though throughout the 4 years so you didn't have to buy new scrubs each year.
Yeah true. My class is Caribbean blue and we stick with it all 4 years. The other 3 years are other shades of blue and it rotates. UNC I believe you can wear whatever scrub color you want

There is an old saying: Don't dress for who you are now, dress for who you want to be.

There is a way to dress to say, "I am an "A" student."

If you don't care about your grades, wear whatever you want.
Alright but if I get made fun of for wearing an OMaxFace cap to class I’m disliking your message

UCLA - whatever you want to lecture and preclin lab, scrubs for clinic and all rotations. Everyone wears the same color which is the only one allowed - ceil blue 😒

Houston-assigned colors at the start of your D1 and worn until you graduate. That way the faculty knows when a student doesn't belong somewhere. No business casual requirements unless some special event.