ATTN students already in pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishPharmD

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you feel like your school is not student centered and that for some professors it is a burden to teach and that they do not enjoy what they are doing?

Does this affect you in anyway?

If you feel this way, where do you go to school?
If you do not feel this way, where do you go as well?

Members don't see this ad.

I go to Wingate, and I do not feel like the professors think it is a burden to teach. Most of them really seem to care about and love what they are doing. I was actually sort of surprised by the question. If our school wasn't student centered, I don't know what it would be centered toward.

Members don't see this ad :)
where do you go pharmd?

where do you go pharmd?
Check out the Valentine's Day thread. You'll figure it out.

I answered her question because I knew the answer, not because it has anything to do with my school.

Professors also do research. My Physics professor from LSU, who I loved :love:, would show me some of the Biophysics research he would work on. I need to visit him again; maybe I'll go this summer. I think I would have a better understanding and appreciation for his research now that I'm in pharmacy school.

Check out the Valentine's Day thread. You'll figure it out.

I answered her question because I knew the answer, not because it has anything to do with my school.

Professors also do research. My Physics professor from LSU, who I loved :love:, would show me some of the Biophysics research he would work on. I need to visit him again; maybe I'll go this summer. I think I would have a better understanding and appreciation for his research now that I'm in pharmacy school.

Hmm... Iowa?

I don't think it flooded in Iowa. Where's the French Quarter? Where do they have Lundi Gras and "snowballs" that you eat?

I was planning on doing research at my school, but there was a break in the department's grant from 06/2007 to 01/2008. I need to speak with my professor about it again, but I've been sick a lot lately. In fact, I have sinusitis right now! Yay!
My professor has this cool electrofluorescence machine. I was going to be the first person to play with it until we found out about the grant money :(.

I go to UK and while some of the professors think of it as a burden to teach and are forced out of their lab to teach us. However, the greater majority are concerened with us learning the material.