ATTN: Students taking Step 2 CK during the Dec-Jan-Feb period

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daredevil3181

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Please disregard this if you aren't taking Step 2 CK during the Dec-Jan-Feb eligibility period. Due to unforseen circumstances I had to cancel my date for earlier this month and needed to reschedule, however, there is a severe lack of available dates left in this month in my geographical area (South FL). I need to take the test no later than the middle to middle-late part of December, but in order to do this I would have to extend my eligibility period and lock myself out of my current one. Unfortunately, Prometric will not allow me to even see what dates are available in December unless I commit myself to this testing period.

In order not to look before I leap, I was wondering if someone who is taking Step 2 CK for the specified period and already received their orange scheduling permit would let me "borrow" their scheduling number solely for browsing purposes. This would only be used to look at available dates and nothing more. I obviously WILL NOT change your scheduled date or schedule a test date for you if you have not yet gotten one, so don't worry about that. This is merely so I can look at available dates for me to take the test and then move my eligibility period into December if this is feasible.

For privacy purposes you can reach me by e-mail either at [email protected] or [email protected]. If you would like maybe we can even set up a little pow-wow on AIM so you could check for me without even having to disclose your scheduling number. Please respond to me ASAP as any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for potentially helping a fellow medical student in need of a small favor and good luck on your tests and interviews!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh yeah, and if you could, please use my gmail e-mail address, as that is my preferred method of communication. Thanks again.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone who is taking Step 2 CK for the specified period and already received their orange scheduling permit would let me "borrow" their scheduling number solely for browsing purposes.

yeah right, I dont' think anybody with any common sense would "loan" out their scheduling number like that. I'm pretty sure someone would be willing to look at it for you.

you can look at available dates without even scheduling exam....my little sister can look at the dates

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I tend to agree with nabeya... Razor - you might have more success if you just ask someone to take a look for you, and maybe take a screenshot of the available dates.

Pol

Razor-

I think you need a scheduling number from USMLE in order to look at dates. This is for the Step 2 CK. You can only look at dates for your eligibility period. If you want to look into a date in another eligibility period, you CANNOT.

I am also in the same predicament. Can anyone tell me if there are dates currently available in December in the Chicago testing center? I'd really appreciate it. I was planning on extending my eligibility period, but do not know if testing centers will have openings in December. I need to take the test before the New Year. You can send me a message through SDN. I was told by a rep at Prometric that there are dates available.

I think for the Step 2 CS you can look at all the dates without requiring a scheduling number-->the one your sister is more likely to sit for.

Yeah, my brain was malfunctioning, somehow CK looked like CS...hehe, my fault.....yeah you can't see them...so sorry