Au.D. programs that do not require GRE's or not as strict about receiving high scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Guitarman1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any programs that do NOT require the GRE or are not as strict about the scores for admission? I'm especially looking at the east coast. I already know that Pacific University does not require them.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools require them, but if you have a good enough GPA, you don't need to submit them to Idaho State.

I'm not sure of a particular program that doesn't have as much of a stress on GRE scores... many have minimums, I'm not sure what your scores are, but I saw a recommended combined 300 minimum.

Again, I'd check ASHA's Edfind to see programs that have lower GRE averages. I've also read from current and past students that admissions are typically based on a combination of GRE scores, GPA, letters of recommendation, and personal statements. If one area is lacking, try excelling in other areas, and even possibly explaining your weakness in your personal statement, while focusing on your strengths. I wish I could help regarding individual schools, but I'm not sure. Best of luck though!