Quantcast

AUC and Saba

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EuroPhysician

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of GPA and MCAT is needed to be competitive at both schools? In general does anyone have stats regarding both schools in terms of attrition and board exam pass rates.

I am looking into Saba because its tuition seems fairly inexpensive, anyone here know what the cost of living is like on Saba?

I looked on a residency page and saw an AUC and Saba grad, and in the country of the medical school it said "Netherlands not N.A.".

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, it is proper to say N.A. because even though Saba will be a municipality of the Netherlands in 2008, Sint Maarten will be effectively an independent island that is part fo the Kingdom of the Netherlands. But I digress...

These are numbers I have gained through research and their websites but they are not always right.

GPA for Saba is 3.0+
GPA for AUC is 2.9+

MCAT for Saba is not required but if the GPA is not strong then the MCAT needs to be strong
MCAT for AUC is 25+

For AUC, the attrition is listed about about 10% and since you need to pass exams that are equivalent to the boards before taking the boards, so the pas rates are probably high.

EuroPhysician

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the advantages of St. Maarten vs. Saba and vice versa? Between the two which is the quieter island(few or no tourists)?

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the advantages of St. Maarten vs. Saba and vice versa? Between the two which is the quieter island(few or no tourists)?

Saba is quiet and only has a population of 3000 (more-or-less). St. Martin is the opposite with lots of tourists and many European citizens that live there during parts of the year.

St. Martin is more developed and will have more stores and supplies that we are used to at home. Saba has the basics and gets everything fro St. Marin because they are relatively close.

nampa1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it possible to visit the larger island from saba? How conveinent is it?

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it possible to visit the larger island from saba? How conveinent is it?

Yes, you can take a ferry. It woud be a weekend trip.

clarkbar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
on the Saba tourist website, it said the ferry left on 9am friday? Is this the only time?
I now this is a silly question, but is it routine to date the locals, on saba or st. matin?

NREMTP

Is Chillin
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here at AUC it's not the norm to date locals. There are commercials on the radio all the time about HIV/AIDS and getting tested. There are plenty of students or tourists from all around the world to hook up with if you so choose. :thumbup: