AUC - how late is too late for Aug.?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

photoelectric

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all -
I want to apply for AUC aug '07 class, but I won't be able to submit an application until probably the end of May because I need L.o.R. from some teachers I will have in Spring '07, and I'll need to make up for this semester (grade wise). I realize that AUC is rolling admission and they rec a 4-5 mo. buffer between app and target semester. Stats are:3.5-ish GPA, sciGPA = ?
37 T
1 sem. research and hopefully 1 sem. hospital volunteer.

how late has anyone here applied and still gotten in? Also, anyone know if I would be competitive for Chancellors Scholarship? Thanks so much guys!
 
You cannot be serious with those stats!!! GPA 3.5ish and I assume your science would be somewhat close and a 37T on the MCAT!!!!!! Give me a break. Get outta here.
 
First I do think you are a competitive candidate for the Chancellors Scholarship.

If you bring up your Science GPA, don't discount applying to US Schools,your gpa and definetly MCAT sound good ( 98th percentile I believe)

I find there to be an advantage to going to Caribbean Schools since you can start a few months earlier since there are rolling admissions. I am starting school in 2 weeks, just finished undergrad, and I am excitied to start instead of waiting 7 more months.

I wish you the best with your decisions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm really not joking - or trying to be an dingus - I have messed up a lot in Undergrad - this semester I'll be _failing_ 3 out of 4 classes, and I have absolutely no extracurrics or volunteer exp. (yet) - i'm just not interested in delaying and/or jumping through hoops to get into an american med school when i don't think it makes that much diff (we all take the same test in the end). Also, i might have a shot at the Chanc. Scholarship, which would save me a ton of money.

So please - can anyone let me know how late they have applied for Aug sem. and still gotten in with rolling?
 
First I do think you are a competitive candidate for the Chancellors Scholarship.

If you bring up your Science GPA, don't discount applying to US Schools,your gpa and definetly MCAT sound good ( 98th percentile I believe)

I find there to be an advantage to going to Caribbean Schools since you can start a few months earlier since there are rolling admissions. I am starting school in 2 weeks, just finished undergrad, and I am excitied to start instead of waiting 7 more months.

I wish you the best with your decisions.



Thanks CVA - the flexibility with starting dates is a big plus for me too - i would def be waiting around at least a year if i went with an American school.