AUC later or SMU now!!!

Started by Alfa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Alfa

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
May is later - Now is Jan.... Please give me resons why one or the other!!!
Thanks and good luck........
 
May is later - Now is Jan.... Please give me resons why one or the other!!!
Thanks and good luck........

WHY?

WHy ask strangers on the internet such a question? Go in Jan if you must, you do not have a clue if you must ask!

AUC Longer operation, successful all 50 states to practice in, Licensed MDs
Federal student loans one of the "Big 4".

SMU none of that.

For more do a search on SMU you will see here and VMD.

Good Luck.:luck:

PS If you are are going to be a Doc then you must learn to do research, research these schools your about to drop way over 100k attending.
Most of you know more about Wii and PS3 then the medical school you pick!
 
I agree w/ oldpro. AUC has a higher caliber of education and is licensed in 50 states and has cred (for a carrib school). I basically deduced this from reading various threads on vmd.


These are good points to consider before deciding on a carrib school.
-Have you tried DO schools?

-Have you considered post bac? Because it would be easier for you in the long run if you were not a IMG. (from what i read)

Not sure about Fed loans though...

Remember to consider everything w/ a grain of salt.

www.valuemd.com
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a 4th semester at SMU, and I say go to AUC without a doubt! Go to AUC! Absolutely NO comparison. Huge mistake to go to SMU. This is my last semester if I am accepted into Sint Eustatius or AUA. I am out as soon as possible. I absolutely hate SMU!!!!! No I am not going to give you a list of reasons because I am still there, and I am not going to get into it now. I'm not a troll; what I say is my opinion from my experience with SMU. I hate it! Best wishes!
 
thank you fellows for the input... Obviously is a complicated issue with the forums because opinions vary greatly and half the time they're more judgemental and offensive than constructive...

Most opinions converge in the point that Carib. schools carry a stigma of "not making it anywhere else" and I'm aware of the 4 top ones. The question is how much difference does it make going to the big 4 comapred to the next few ones down the list and here it gets even more mixed up in the forums. I think most important is how you do in the boards and where your rotations are - SMU has the Ca and Tx issues but if you're not looking into those than what's the difference...
Also you all know how attractive it is starting as soon as possible and not lingering on with applications and letting the months go by...

Anyhow, I was just checking here to see the reactions - good luck to all with exams comming up shortly and to the ones still checking all types of mail obsessively for some good news...

Peace
 
How old are you? I'm 40, and I am telling you as a friend, you are making a mistake if you pass on AUC in this decision. Think about your future. ALL 50 states, no issues. ACGME clinical rotations. Great residency opportunities. AUC has a proven track record. I hate AUC, and I still say this. I hate them because they rejected me just like Ross; their mistake, as time will show. But, you jump the gun now because you are in a "hurry," and you will probably regret it for the rest of your life. After you literally see SMU do what AUC has done, then maybe it will be different. I do NOT believe SMU will EVER get there. But, ultimately the choice is yours. I have done my best to convince you passionately not to go to SMU. You should absolutely wait and go to AUC. I have been at SMU for 4 semesters now and do have some experience with these carib medical schools. I highly encourage you to consider AUC. All the best in your decision and future.
 
I thought you quit this site oldpro.

Yeah but too many ( here at school) and on SDN seem to tell me to stick around don't let the trolls get you is what I heard. Besides Medschool is up and down as our moods I think.:luck:

Besides TV sucks on Bonaire LOL.
 
Wait for AUC! Skip SMU. SMU sounds like it's going downhill in a fast way.
 
I have no proof, just my experience with SMU, but SMU seems to be extremely deceptive. The SMU administration tells us how wonderful SMU students are doing, yet I hear from numerous students how they were not prepared or did not do well on stpe 1 when I see them at the PASS Program. SMU says students are getting good clinical rotations, but when I talk with some students, they say they are having a hard time getting the rotations they want; even worse, they may not get one at all. Did you know SMU counts the shelf exam for each clinical rotation as 45% of the student's final grade? I have never heard of this; US students don't even get graded like that. In fact, the shelf exam for each subject of basic science is worth 20% of your final grade. Did they tell you that? I know a number of students who were passing going into the shelf, only to get held back because of their shelf score. Read the NBME website, the shelf exam was clearly not designed for this. You also have to pass the KAPLAN final test to be "eligible" to take step 1 according to SMU. If not, you have to take another review course and demonstrate proficiency in some way before SMU will allow you to take step 1. Why? SMU's teaching and curriculum suck! That's why. Thank God I have Dr. Francis and the PASS Program, or I would have been done. I forget everything I study and get tested on at SMU immediately after a test; I know that material is never going to be seen on step 1. Clearly, if SMU students were doing so well on step 1, they never would have implemented this policy, LAST SEMESTER! SMU has been around since 1997, and look at how few practicing doctors they have. If I am not mistaken, Sint Eustatius has been around since 1999 and have more practicing doctors already. SMU has a number of students who are leaving from what I have heard. Now this is just rumor, as I can not possibly know who will leave for sure. But, I have talked with a number of my classmates, and after step 1, some say they are out of SMU. Now, people will come on here and say this is simply heresay or rumor, implying what I am saying is invalid. The truth is, there is no way to know for sure. How can you prove what is true and what is not. SMU never seems to post what they have done openly and honestly. Look at their residency posting versus all of the top carib med schools. Again, I find them to present only what makes their image look good. Sooner or later the truth will come out. So, I don't care if others believe me or not; you have been told my opinion based on my experience with SMU. If you want to take a chance, go ahead.

Sabamed is right on the money!!!
 

Check out the SMU forum at ValueMD.com. Students are going on and on how the admin is screwing with the program and raising costs at every chance.

The big red flag for me is SMU hasn't published Step1 scores. Where are the scores? hmmmm.

I always see posts by the SMU staff where they go on and on about how SMU is new and so on, cut us a break, yada yada.
Ok get one thing straight SMU is an OLD school, they moved from Belize and were around for quite awhile (12+ years), so don't give me that "new school' excuse crap. They moved locations and put up a new name, Wow!

If you can't get into the top 4 schools then try MUA-N. If you can't get into MUA-N then go at a last resort to SMU.

If I could have done it all over again I probably would have picked MUA-Nevis over Saba. Reason being is lower tuition, easier grading scale (70+ passing), same clinicals, nicer island, and same program run and operated by Saba. Since I don't need or want California that wouldn't have been an issue. I'm also looking to get into Internal Med so I don't need a ground breaking Step1 score. Anyway I'm here at Saba so I will make the best of it but consider your options carefully, how hard do you want to work, what and where your looking to practice medicine and so on.
 
I'm a 4th semester at SMU, and I say go to AUC without a doubt! Go to AUC! Absolutely NO comparison. Huge mistake to go to SMU. This is my last semester if I am accepted into Sint Eustatius or AUA. I am out as soon as possible. I absolutely hate SMU!!!!! No I am not going to give you a list of reasons because I am still there, and I am not going to get into it now. I'm not a troll; what I say is my opinion from my experience with SMU. I hate it! Best wishes!

WORD IS OUT CONSIDER YOURSELF SUED PAPERS GETTING DRAWN UP GET READY FOR COURT BY THE WAY BEEN TO THIS SCHOOL AND IT IS AWESOME AUA ST EUST,,LOL NOW I KNOW YOU RE KIDDING
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Check His Posts For The Last 6 Months,,all He Does Is Post So How Can He Study,,,read His Posts And See The Fraud
 
Check out the SMU forum at ValueMD.com. Students are going on and on how the admin is screwing with the program and raising costs at every chance.

The big red flag for me is SMU hasn't published Step1 scores. Where are the scores? hmmmm.

I always see posts by the SMU staff where they go on and on about how SMU is new and so on, cut us a break, yada yada.
Ok get one thing straight SMU is an OLD school, they moved from Belize and were around for quite awhile (12+ years), so don't give me that "new school' excuse crap. They moved locations and put up a new name, Wow!

If you can't get into the top 4 schools then try MUA-N. If you can't get into MUA-N then go at a last resort to SMU.

If I could have done it all over again I probably would have picked MUA-Nevis over Saba. Reason being is lower tuition, easier grading scale (70+ passing), same clinicals, nicer island, and same program run and operated by Saba. Since I don't need or want California that wouldn't have been an issue. I'm also looking to get into Internal Med so I don't need a ground breaking Step1 score. Anyway I'm here at Saba so I will make the best of it but consider your options carefully, how hard do you want to work, what and where your looking to practice medicine and so on.
I havent been to the SMU forum there lately. Ill look at it. Ive always thought of it as one of the top ones. I mean if one couldnt get into ROSS, SGU, AUC (assuming that those 3 r in ur top 4) then I wouldve gone SMU.

(Im in pre-med at the moment, ive never been too any of the carrib. schools, just read about them.)
 
I just realized that he was talking about the other fellow i think.

Sorry about that.

edit-- i dont care if your 40 or anything. just was intrested.
 
I havent been to the SMU forum there lately. Ill look at it. Ive always thought of it as one of the top ones. I mean if one couldnt get into ROSS, SGU, AUC (assuming that those 3 r in ur top 4) then I wouldve gone SMU.

(Im in pre-med at the moment, ive never been too any of the carrib. schools, just read about them.)

Part of how I rank schools is not how many post on VMD or any other site, it is how well they are accepted in the USA, How many states approve or dissaprove a school. I know that state officials that are from the state boards (FSMB) read our posts from time to time. But its naive to think they are not looking through the BS posted Pro or Con BS, I used to live in a state the followed everything California did it was so bad that if California had an earthquake I was afraid they would test bombs or something to have one too.
That said its naive to think if one state Unapproves a school that the school may not be in some trouble with other states, these newer schools ( less than 15 years) are just Babys and have few Docs of any and have NO REPUTATION in the US St. Georges Rep is that it is the medical school the students where rescued from on Granada during the war, it was depicted in
"Heartbreak Ridge" young pretty girls hugging Clint Eastwood, LOL.

But SGU has built a rep after over 25 years.:luck:
 
I'm not 40! I'll be a MD way before 40, hopefully, unless I fail a ton of classes and fail the Step1 then anything is possible.
Man you say that as if 40 is a bad thing! LOL

When you reach 50, 40 ain't so bad! ( no I'm not 50 just feel 50):luck:
 
Check out the SMU forum at ValueMD.com. Students are going on and on how the admin is screwing with the program and raising costs at every chance.

The big red flag for me is SMU hasn't published Step1 scores. Where are the scores? hmmmm.

I always see posts by the SMU staff where they go on and on about how SMU is new and so on, cut us a break, yada yada.
Ok get one thing straight SMU is an OLD school, they moved from Belize and were around for quite awhile (12+ years), so don't give me that "new school' excuse crap. They moved locations and put up a new name, Wow!

If you can't get into the top 4 schools then try MUA-N. If you can't get into MUA-N then go at a last resort to SMU.

If I could have done it all over again I probably would have picked MUA-Nevis over Saba. Reason being is lower tuition, easier grading scale (70+ passing), same clinicals, nicer island, and same program run and operated by Saba. Since I don't need or want California that wouldn't have been an issue. I'm also looking to get into Internal Med so I don't need a ground breaking Step1 score. Anyway I'm here at Saba so I will make the best of it but consider your options carefully, how hard do you want to work, what and where your looking to practice medicine and so on.

AUA has out priced other schools? more $$$$

Tuition & Fees - MAY 2006
M.D. Degree program:
Semesters 1-4:

$9,010.00 U.S./semester
Semesters 5 (Miami):

$10,070.00 U.S./semester
Semesters 6-10:

$10,070.00 U.S./semester

WOW more than SABA and MUA N.! 123,271.00 in just tuition alone! OMG!
 
AUA used to cost 6k a term when I first started. Ever since they launched their California accreditation bid, tuition has been rising. There's a new multi million dollar campus, vet school, nursing school, research center etc. being built now and scheduled for completion in mid-08. It's unlikely that we'll apply for California till 2010, so we're paying for improvements that don't even benefit us directly...but that's the downside of going to a growing school rather than an established one or even a stagnant one, for that matter.
 
AUA used to cost 6k a term when I first started. Ever since they launched their California accreditation bid, tuition has been rising. There's a new multi million dollar campus, vet school, nursing school, research center etc. being built now and scheduled for completion in mid-08. It's unlikely that we'll apply for California till 2010, so we're paying for improvements that don't even benefit us directly...but that's the downside of going to a growing school rather than an established one or even a stagnant one, for that matter.

SMU IN MAY SCHOOL IS GREAT CAYMANS IS NICE TO LIVE GOOD WEATHER I VISITED THE SCHOOL AND ITS A GO FOR ME
 
DRJJ1. If you like SMU, that's your business, but everytime I post you try to discredit it. I'm fine with that, but you do not have to be rude about it. You seem to want to attack me personally sometimes. I do not like it, and I am getting tired of it. Leave me alone.
 
I don't think "shock and awe" should be the way here - After all is a proven strategy of failure already!!!

I think that a better approach to "this school is fantastic" or "this school is going down" is to provide arguments and even then they should be concrete and resonable... After all no one has experienced all the Carrib. schools we talk about here - is mostly what we've read here and there mixed with what we've heard and loaded up with personal biases!!
I believe that to make a statement without a strong argument is as futile as assigning your preffered diagnose without making a complete physical - and even House can't pull that rabbit out.... 😉

Good luck and thanks to all that have contributed with their time and sugestions...
 
DRJJ1. If you like SMU, that's your business, but everytime I post you try to discredit it. I'm fine with that, but you do not have to be rude about it. You seem to want to attack me personally sometimes. I do not like it, and I am getting tired of it. Leave me alone.

IM NOT ATACKING you but you spew false info and I will be calling SMU to see if they can track you down so they can dispell you for bashing a school and the one you claim you attend yet,,,kind of weird but I guess if the show fits wear it then and yes you are annoying and smu needs to sue you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fair enough. No problem; I'm sorry you are annoyed, but what I say is what I feel my experience has been like for me. As far as contacting SMU goes, be my guest; contact the school. I always stand by what I say. Have at it. Thing is, you say that what I say is wrong, but let me get this right. According to your earlier post, you simply "checked out" SMU for yourself a short while ago. Which means you do NOT even attend SMU as yet. Which means you have not even been accepted, nor have you agreed to go, nor have you attended a single class, nor have you taken a single test, nor have you lived in Grand Cayman, nor have you lived in the residence halls or suites, nor have you completed one semester of med school at SMU. You say I am wrong, yet you do not even go to SMU yet. I'm more than happy to hear your opinion after you have gone to SMU for a while, ie. a semester or so. Until then, you have no place to say whether me opinion is right or wrong regarding SMU. You are jumping the gun a little, don't you think? I have no hard feelings, but you have to admit that you would have to experience SMU before you disagree with me, right? Best wishes!
 
Fair enough. No problem; I'm sorry you are annoyed, but what I say is what I feel my experience has been like for me. As far as contacting SMU goes, be my guest; contact the school. I always stand by what I say. Have at it. Thing is, you say that what I say is wrong, but let me get this right. According to your earlier post, you simply "checked out" SMU for yourself a short while ago. Which means you do NOT even attend SMU as yet. Which means you have not even been accepted, nor have you agreed to go, nor have you attended a single class, nor have you taken a single test, nor have you lived in Grand Cayman, nor have you lived in the residence halls or suites, nor have you completed one semester of med school at SMU. You say I am wrong, yet you do not even go to SMU yet. I'm more than happy to hear your opinion after you have gone to SMU for a while, ie. a semester or so. Until then, you have no place to say whether me opinion is right or wrong regarding SMU. You are jumping the gun a little, don't you think? I have no hard feelings, but you have to admit that you would have to experience SMU before you disagree with me, right? Best wishes!

Then Live by these rules yourself, I have had to read you trashing SJSM without going a whole semester there, and Back in 2004, It's 2 years later and new professors and now cadavers and many new students and a good lot of good people are here. So please stop posting like it's current for SJSM it's not, it's changed for the better, yes I want more changes and approvals but the school has gone in the right direction.

I'm sorry about the 4k the school wants but you skipped out to go to a school Illegaly recruiting students from the SJSM campus the school put time and money into you and the other students and charged you low tuition. The reason for the 4k "Jump ship clause" is to prevent someone like you believing the lies you are told and then have you run to the liars and leave a school that cannot afford to loose most of it's students like it did. When you accepted the enrollment you went into a contract with the school just like every school you attend.

:luck:
 
Then Live by these rules yourself, I have had to read you trashing SJSM without going a whole semester there, and Back in 2004, It's 2 years later and new professors and now cadavers and many new students and a good lot of good people are here. So please stop posting like it's current for SJSM it's not, it's changed for the better, yes I want more changes and approvals but the school has gone in the right direction.

I'm sorry about the 4k the school wants but you skipped out to go to a school Illegaly recruiting students from the SJSM campus the school put time and money into you and the other students and charged you low tuition. The reason for the 4k "Jump ship clause" is to prevent someone like you believing the lies you are told and then have you run to the liars and leave a school that cannot afford to loose most of it's students like it did. When you accepted the enrollment you went into a contract with the school just like every school you attend.

You are right about him. I know those schools are not great, But for someone to jump from school to school there should be something wrong with you. and you said your next move might be Sint Eutatius....SBTun, I laugh everytime i read your post...
 
Let's see how much you laugh when I outscore you on step 1, 2 and 3! Then you are really going to look stupid!

Oldpro seems to be a very nice person, and I am sure there are some very good folks (students) at sj, but you are going to see that is no kind of med school. I do not go there now, and never will, but that does not change the fact that sj sucks!
 
Let's see how much you laugh when I outscore you on step 1, 2 and 3! Then you are really going to look stupid!

Oldpro seems to be a very nice person, and I am sure there are some very good folks (students) at sj, but you are going to see that is no kind of med school. I do not go there now, and never will, but that does not change the fact that sj sucks!

SB I understand there are students who Post the SGU, ROSS, AUC and SABA sucks too everyone thinks that when they are upset at a school. There are stories after stories about things that happen and sometimes its the schools and sometimes it's the individuals.

Thing is I have a hard time believing that people get up in the morning everyday and say "Lets see how to screw them today" or "How can I completely do a terrible job today" I think people are less complicated than that on a whole I think people are lazy and then they do not do a good job hence they do not set out to do bad things but due to laziness it sometimes ends up that way.

Anyway no matter if you like a school or not the school can "Wake up" and try to improve. I can see SJSM is doing that and enough students have too thats why enrollment has increased so much in 2006 and now for 2007 but there is a long way to go and you will never see me posting it is the 5th of the big 4, not until Cali approves the school and that My friend is a long way off, a long way :luck:

I never will say that SJSM is a first choice school, it isn't and I knew that coming here. Out of the 30 odd Caribbean schools it's not close to the bottom either, there are some scarry schools out there, internet based and no charter, no WHO listing ect............................:scared:
 
Fair enough. No problem; I'm sorry you are annoyed, but what I say is what I feel my experience has been like for me. As far as contacting SMU goes, be my guest; contact the school. I always stand by what I say. Have at it. Thing is, you say that what I say is wrong, but let me get this right. According to your earlier post, you simply "checked out" SMU for yourself a short while ago. Which means you do NOT even attend SMU as yet. Which means you have not even been accepted, nor have you agreed to go, nor have you attended a single class, nor have you taken a single test, nor have you lived in Grand Cayman, nor have you lived in the residence halls or suites, nor have you completed one semester of med school at SMU. You say I am wrong, yet you do not even go to SMU yet. I'm more than happy to hear your opinion after you have gone to SMU for a while, ie. a semester or so. Until then, you have no place to say whether me opinion is right or wrong regarding SMU. You are jumping the gun a little, don't you think? I have no hard feelings, but you have to admit that you would have to experience SMU before you disagree with me, right? Best wishes!


OK LETS SEE,,,you seem immature and maybe you are not a good med school candidate,,its ok just enroll in some paralegal school or cpt coding if you don t like the school then why bash it,,just leave go away before smu sues you and don t think they cannot do so,,,in the late 90s when the stock market was kicking some yahoo posters was slamming companies to shake them down so their price stocks would drop and it worked too,,,guess what happened to those posters big fines court jail,,so this is no different so act mature and cut it out already:meanie:

and get this,,whats your deal jumping from school to school and let me tell you that some of those schools you attended are scary but prob did you a favor accepting you and only because they needed you money and not you per se,,,think about that if you were such a great candidate then you would be in the usa now but you are not only wasting your parents money skipping around island to island talking about nothing on here when you should be studying, I think its you who must be home in some little home town usa crying and thinking how you got kicked out of easy med schools just go look in the paper now and get me a whopper and fries and coke please pronto or for you ill say stat stat
 
Let's see how much you laugh when I outscore you on step 1, 2 and 3! Then you are really going to look stupid!

Oldpro seems to be a very nice person, and I am sure there are some very good folks (students) at sj, but you are going to see that is no kind of med school. I do not go there now, and never will, but that does not change the fact that sj sucks!

i don't go to ST James. Second, you are really immature and i will be glad to see you score well in the steps, but first you need to grow up.
"He who is humble is confident and wise. He who brags is insecure and lacking"
by Lisa Edmondson
 
To all the egoes that are about to explode:
This thread was about AUC and SMU, not a challenge at how far you can offend somone and/or humiliate yourselves.
If you like to measure your manhoods I'll be the first to give you all a ruler, but go do it somewhere else.
Lastly, if you don't have anythign constructive and worth typing on the subject, than refrain your anger and frustration - better yet channel it toward finals or interviews or whatever it is you're trying to achieve.
Cheers!
 
To all the egoes that are about to explode:
This thread was about AUC and SMU, not a challenge at how far you can offend somone and/or humiliate yourselves.
If you like to measure your manhoods I'll be the first to give you all a ruler, but go do it somewhere else.
Lastly, if you don't have anythign constructive and worth typing on the subject, than refrain your anger and frustration - better yet channel it toward finals or interviews or whatever it is you're trying to achieve.
Cheers!

well said now pass me a big ruler
 
To all the egoes that are about to explode:
This thread was about AUC and SMU, not a challenge at how far you can offend somone and/or humiliate yourselves.
If you like to measure your manhoods I'll be the first to give you all a ruler, but go do it somewhere else.
Lastly, if you don't have anythign constructive and worth typing on the subject, than refrain your anger and frustration - better yet channel it toward finals or interviews or whatever it is you're trying to achieve.
Cheers!
Yea welcome to Medschool, it seems its like this a lot of "My school is better than your school" and school ranking, unless going IVY I see no reason to rank at all, and the praisers are either students who are constant cheerleaders or undercover paid by the school.
Negative are people who want to transfer and or are upset with the school in a big way. Few are inbetween, I try to be but its Dam hard, I think when ou go to a school you don't like the negative crap posted true or not true. SO the not true really gets to you.
If you read old posts here you see I got kicked pretty hard for saying anything negative.


You will need a big ruler LOL.:luck:
 
No hard feelings; great people on this forum. I'm just stimulating a little dialogue. I also hope eveyone does well on steps 1, 2 and 3. Best wishes! Happy Holidays!🙂
 
I don't have any problem to anyone here. i hope everyone to do well on there final....
 
No hard feelings; great people on this forum. I'm just stimulating a little dialogue. I also hope eveyone does well on steps 1, 2 and 3. Best wishes! Happy Holidays!🙂


I DOUBT YOU RE EVEN IN MED SCHOOL LET ALONE HIGH SCHOOL NO WAY YOU RE 40 EITHER MORE LIKE 20 PLAY YA GAME CAUSE LIFE HAS A WAY TO SNAG YOU FOR DOING SO...NOW GO STUDY GEOMETRY
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey you guys ..I dont know why are you all fighting about .....lets just say in carrebean med school you have to do everything by urself ... SMU is located in a safe island and its a good school .... also in my opinion SGU is the best med schhol out of USA ..the rest of carrebean schools are all the same ..I am from NY , I know someone who graduated from SMU and he landed a felloship in Cornell Hospital....so everything is possible is long as you try hard ..in the end you will be MD ...and all you haveto care about is to score high on Boards .
 
Hey you guys ..I dont know why are you all fighting about .....lets just say in carrebean med school you have to do everything by urself ... SMU is located in a safe island and its a good school .... also in my opinion SGU is the best med schhol out of USA ..the rest of carrebean schools are all the same ..I am from NY , I know someone who graduated from SMU and he landed a felloship in Cornell Hospital....so everything is possible is long as you try hard ..in the end you will be MD ...and all you haveto care about is to score high on Boards .

The rest the Caribbean schools are the same? This is a semi-serious question I sometimes ask "are you on crack or do you smoke crack"?:idea: Because thats the only way I can figure out how you would come to that thinking. How many times do I have to say this. LOOK AT THE MATCH LISTS, LOOK AT THE SCORES and then TELL ME THAT ALL THE SCHOOLS ARE THE SAME?:laugh:
 
Going to saba or the "top" carib schools does NOT guarantee you squat. Neither does going to a US school. Fact is, if you do well enough regardless of where you go, or who your parents are, or who you know, etc. you can still get what you want. When it comes to medicine, I feel I am smarter than any student who has ever gone to a US med school, let alone any student who has gone to a carib med school. Yes, I am smarter than the students at the "top" carib schools, every last one of them. And, I will prove it with my steps scores, my clinical rotations, my residency, and my practice. Best wishes!🙂
 
Going to saba or the "top" carib schools does NOT guarantee you squat. Neither does going to a US school. Fact is, if you do well enough regardless of where you go, or who your parents are, or who you know, etc. you can still get what you want. When it comes to medicine, I feel I am smarter than any student who has ever gone to a US med school, let alone any student who has gone to a carib med school. Yes, I am smarter than the students at the "top" carib schools, every last one of them. And, I will prove it with my steps scores, my clinical rotations, my residency, and my practice. Best wishes!🙂
what criteria are you basing all this on?....saying that you are smarter then all of those people certainly has to be based on something...
 
So far, I am losing the competition. I have not scored well in my classes, many students have outscored me in my classes so far. So, I am behind in the game. But, the game is just beginning. I have only done 4 semesters so far. I have years and years ahead of me.

I said it: my step scores, my clinical rotation work, my residency work and my practice. We can keep score any way you folks want. 🙂