Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AUC..MD in 38 months...how?

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by yzf600, Mar 24, 2007.

1. yzf600

yzf600 Member

I read on AUC's website that a student can complete an MD degree in as little as 38 months if all course work is done continuously...

how is this even possible? does this included the clinical portion too?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Nombre Falso

It's because AUC med students are the smartest people on earth. ;)

4. McGillGrad

McGillGrad Building Mind and Body

Resident [Any Field]
    Even if you finish in 36 months, you still do not qualify for the match that happens that year. You would have to go to the next match and that makes it 4 years like every else.

BTW-It is an accelerated program (...summer classes). That's why.

5. ScootDoc

ScootDoc Member

Resident [Any Field]
    1 BJ / month to the Dean & owners of the school for 38 months = MD degree. HA HA! See anyone can get an MD degree. It's not what you know it's who you [email protected] YEEHAW!!!

6. McGillGrad

McGillGrad Building Mind and Body

Resident [Any Field]
    Sounds like you have experience in that department.:laugh:

7. billydoc

billydoc Senior Member

Damn.....McGillGrad! You beat me to it. As soon as I saw that post I thought that person must be speaking from their "invalueable" experience on that issue:smuggrin: And then I scroll down...oh well...better luck next time :laugh:
    To answer the OP's question: most Carib schools will get you there within 40 months or so (Ross says 40). But you've got to take only one semester for the Step1 prep. It may or may not be enough. You also gotta do all of your rotations back to back pretty much. But it had been done before. One buddy of mine from ROSS started in January 2004. He made his 2007 match, just finishing all of his electives by May. And come July 1st....Yeap, he is a Doc :eek: :D .