AUC vs St George vs DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2001Hopeful

anyone can give me opinions about if I have these choices, which one would you choose?

option 1: St George vs any DO school
option 2: AUC vs DO school
option 3: AUC vs Ross vs St George vs SABA
option 4: one year masters degree at Barry university or some other one year program to strength my GPA and apply to US MD schools again.

my stats are 3.4 and 27 MCAT. applied twice to MD schools and got waitlisted both times. I'm really frustrated and one more year of wait would be suffering.

I heard about 40 to 50% or US citizen foreign grads obtained residencies succssfully through match and St george and AUC might be a little higher.

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

1. Go DO
2. Go DO
3. Go SGU first, then AUC second.
4. neither..

man, I am in Barry U Master of Biomed science program, graduatin this semester. Got 4.0 in the program, 28 on the MCAT, applied to 16 US M.D.s 4 D.O.s. So far 12 M.D. rejection, 1 D.O. rejection, 1 interview from Nova. All i know is Barry U MBS graduates are most likely to end up at ither D.O. schools or carribean M.D. unless you're an underrepesented minoeities (a lot of underrepresented Barry BMS graduates DO get accepted to US M.D. schools). As far as D.O. or carribean M.D., if you're gonna practice in the Miami area, D.O. all the way but if you're gonna practice in the boonedawgs where nobody ever heard of D.O. then an M.D. degree (from whereever as long as you're licenced to practice) is probably more beneficial. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Puppy, thanks for the reply. I have thought about the Barry program as well. From what you are telling me, it doesn't really sound tha

Ummm, the "Boonies" of America are where osteopathic medicine was founded. The options with a D.O. are the same as with an American M.D., maybe not 10 yrs ago, but true today.

Good luck

Dr.P., D.O.