Audio educational resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LadyRads

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I will start my R1 year soon. I will have a 1-hr driving commute every day. Are there any audio educational resources that I can listen to while driving? I can't imagine learning radiology without looking at the image itself, but for the sake of safety, I am looking something that doesn't come with distraction.
I know there is a podcast for IR (the sound of IR), but that discusses general topics and news rather than education. Although I am gonna continue to listen to that, I am looking for more. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I looked into this a few years ago and didn't find anything, but that doesn't mean much considering the progress of technology and my relative tech illiteracy. The best I found was software that could "read" print, but I found it didn't work too well with radiology jargon and you had to possess the digital content to upload.

Honestly, you'd probably get a lot from just listening to video lectures, such as those from UCSF. Or, you can do what a residency faculty of mine did during fellowship, which was dictate texts and then listen to himself while commuting.

Hi,

I will start my R1 year soon. I will have a 1-hr driving commute every day. Are there any audio educational resources that I can listen to while driving? I can't imagine learning radiology without looking at the image itself, but for the sake of safety, I am looking something that doesn't come with distraction.
I know there is a podcast for IR (the sound of IR), but that discusses general topics and news rather than education. Although I am gonna continue to listen to that, I am looking for more. Thanks

NEJM podcasts. JAMA clinical review podcasts. Keeps you up to date with general medicine. Won't teach you radiology.

I say do audiobooks / Audible. Be entertained. As you move along in radiology training, the workday will be mentally exhausting. I have a bit of a commute and it's nice just to turn my brain off and listen to a book for entertainment.

Reactions: 1 user