Audio-learner...any resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

berrypie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an MSI and I've just started listening to Goljan audio review for step 1.

I've realized that I LOVE listening to lectures (and I love attending lectures-- except for the bad ones). I learn much better when I have some one explaining something to me in audio form than when I have to read it in a book.

Does anyone know of any good audio resources for basic sciences? Any websites?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an MSI and I've just started listening to Goljan audio review for step 1.

I've realized that I LOVE listening to lectures (and I love attending lectures-- except for the bad ones). I learn much better when I have some one explaining something to me in audio form than when I have to read it in a book.

Does anyone know of any good audio resources for basic sciences? Any websites?

Dude, I'm telling you right now instructors as good as Goljan are very, very hard to find. So don't count on encountering any instructors of that caliber....just to let you know.

But anyways....I'm not sure if they are any strictly audio resources for med school courses. You will probably have to convert videos to audio yourself.

See if you can get a hold of the kaplan videos in wmv format and then find a converter that can convert wmv to mp3.

Goljan does rock my world.

I obviously don't expect everyone to be like him, but he can't be the ONLY good one out there, right?

Do any med schools post their audio lectures online for public access?

Dude, I'm telling you right now instructors as good as Goljan are very, very hard to find. So don't count on encountering any instructors of that caliber....just to let you know.

But anyways....I'm not sure if they are any strictly audio resources for med school courses. You will probably have to convert videos to audio yourself.

See if you can get a hold of the kaplan videos in wmv format and then find a converter that can convert wmv to mp3.

I use EasyWMA software to do this conversion with my school's recorded lectures. It is very user-friendly.