Audio Ozzzzzzmosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pufferfish

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those individuals that have experience with the EK Audio Osmosis cd's, would you mind PM'ing me and explaining a few items of interest to me? 1. How in heck can you learn physics/chem, so formula based, through cd's? 2. About how many hours total time are the cd's? 3. In your best opinion, did they make a difference? 4. Do they make it interesting (minus monotone voices)? :sleep:

Thank you so much. There is no way I'm going to be able to sit through a review class. I figure if I put the CD's to use, I may be able to study for this monster of an exam... :smuggrin:

Thanks--pardon all typos.

Members don't see this ad.

pufferfish said:
For those individuals that have experience with the EK Audio Osmosis cd's, would you mind PM'ing me and explaining a few items of interest to me? 1. How in heck can you learn physics/chem, so formula based, through cd's? 2. About how many hours total time are the cd's? 3. In your best opinion, did they make a difference? 4. Do they make it interesting (minus monotone voices)? :sleep:

Thank you so much. There is no way I'm going to be able to sit through a review class. I figure if I put the CD's to use, I may be able to study for this monster of an exam... :smuggrin:

Thanks--pardon all typos.

1. Although they discuss the physics and chemistry formulae, their main purpose is to reinforce the theories and applications of the formulae. Personally, to memorize a particular formula I made formula flashcards and did a ton of practice problems for each formula.

2. I forget exactly how many hours the CD's are. If I can remember right it's in the neighborhood of 14 hours total. Each track on a CD is a specific lecture.

3. In my opinion, they made a difference on my MCAT score. Since I worked full-time as a salesman while also going to school full-time, I had between 2 and 4 hours in my car each day. For about six months prior to the MCAT, I devoted every minute of my time in the car to Audio Osmosis. When I wasn't driving I used the Examkrackers books and a Kaplan study guide. Perhaps someone can copy the CD's onto an iPod and listen to them while exercising, etc. if that's easier (but don't distribute copies..it's illegal and tacky).

4. The two guys on the CD's are very animated and use corny humor quite liberally to maintain the attention of the listener. However, there is a limit to how interesting any person can make a physics lecture.

Lastly, don't rely upon Audio Osmosis as your sole means of studying. The best strategy is listening to the CD's, reading review books, making flashcards for formulae, and doing timed practice tests.

Good luck! :luck:

Yea, they give helpful examples, but you really can ONLY use them as a supplement to more traditional study methods. They're great if you drive alot. You end up listening at times one might otherwise listen to the radio. They're pretty entertaining. :thumbup: