How to do content review effectively for visual/audio learner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shotapp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's a good way to go about content review?
Reading prep books is very boring to me. I'm more of a visual learner (I'm naturally good at drawing. Never had to practice if that means anything.) and I learn by doing/practicing problems. I just need some guidance on how to effectively get thru content review.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reading prep books is very boring to me. I'm more of a visual learner (I'm naturally good at drawing. Never had to practice if that means anything.) and I learn by doing/practicing problems. I just need some guidance on how to effectively get thru content review.

Thank you.
Use Khan Academy's MCAT sections. I used these as my main source of studying (but I did accompany it with reading a few of the Kaplan + TPR books-- I feel like a variety of resources is needed to get a full picture of the MCAT material). Khan has free videos and resources (practice problems after each concept and even passages)! Hundreds of videos on most MCAT concepts! While you do that, if you want you can draw out like one flashcard with the most important concept per video or something if you wanted to utilize your drawing, idk though. Up to you. Not sure if this answers your question, but I tried lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Thank you.

Find the MCAT outlines on their website and go through each topic without using a guide book. Youtube them or khan academy them and then draw or make your own flashcards/review book. I did this with a few of the topics and it was super effective. Ditching the prep books and using youtube and khan academy was way more effective for me. I liked drawing things out and "teaching" topics to myself using a white board or pencil and paper.

Members don't see this ad :)
Every time I see one of these, I have to toss this out there, just for an opposing perspective...

Are 'Learning Styles' Real? - The Atlantic

My favorite line, "Husmann says the most important thing, for anyone looking to learn something new, is just to really focus on the material—that’s what the most successful students from her study did."

Find the MCAT outlines on their website and go through each topic without using a guide book. Youtube them or khan academy them and then draw or make your own flashcards/review book. I liked drawing things out and "teaching" topics to myself using a white board or pencil and paper.
Thank you very much! I'm definitely going to try this.