Audiology Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eardocsavvy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know if anyone has heard of (positive/negative) things about Bloomsburg University in Pennsylvania? Please let me know, the website seems odd.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
My mom is actually friends with one of the faculty and she said that their program is falling apart. I had planned on applying there but now I am going Salus all the way! I would seriously not go anywhere near it. I think it used to have a good enough program, when it was a Masters. Their AuD program is bad and they have like no faculty left. Everyone good has left there.
If you want to be in PA the only real school to consider is Salus. Pitt is ok but it is really far from everything.

Good Luck

Hi
My mom is actually friends with one of the faculty and she said that their program is falling apart. I had planned on applying there but now I am going Salus all the way! I would seriously not go anywhere near it. I think it used to have a good enough program, when it was a Masters. Their AuD program is bad and they have like no faculty left. Everyone good has left there.
If you want to be in PA the only real school to consider is Salus. Pitt is ok but it is really far from everything.

Good Luck

I actually visited Salus when I was in PA visiting family. I was not impressed but thats great for you!! I am looking into other programs, I hope all goes well!!

Thanks for the info.

Members don't see this ad :)
What schools have a strong vestibular focus?

Vesti,

The SDSU/UCSD program offers courses for second year AuD students (at UCSD) focusing on the vestibular system. Here's the course description below:

AUD 255. Anatomy and Physiology of the Auditory and Vestibular Systems (4)
Detailed anatomy of the auditory and vestibular systems, including the ultra-structure, histology, and neuronal connections of the systems. In addition, physiological responses that underlie the actions of each system are described, from the cellular to the systems levels.

AUD 257. Ear Diseases and Treatment (3)

Differential diagnosis and treatment of auditory and vestibular disorders, audiological components of neuro-otology, as well as interactions between the audiologist and neuro-otologist in a clinical setting.

AUD 263. Physiological and Behavioral Tests of Vestibular Function (4)
Clinical evaluation of vestibular function, using techniques such as caloric and rotational electronystagmography and posturography. The interpretation of clinical findings and implications for rehabilitative strategies will be covered. The course will include observation of testing in otology clinic settings.

AUD 264. Auditory and Vestibular Development and Genetics (3)
Embryology and functional development of the auditory and vestibular systems, from their initial appearance to adult function. Inherited disorders of these two sensory systems are also addressed, including phenotypic description and genetic basis. Genetic counseling and the potential for gene therapy are also discussed.

For further information, here is the link:

http://www.ucsd.edu/catalog/courses/AUDL.html

Let me know if that helps.

P.S. Other programs should offer courses like these. They have to, otherwise they are not a audiology program without some.

Last edited:
I wanted to know if anyone has heard of (positive/negative) things about Bloomsburg University in Pennsylvania? Please let me know, the website seems odd.

Thank you!

One of my classmates transferred to my program
because she hated it.

I've applied to Bloomsburg for the upcoming school year and was a bit disappointed to find this thread. Can anybody else speak for the program? (good or bad)

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I can try to get some info, 1 of our first years went there for undergrad

I can try to get some info, 1 of our first years went there for undergrad

Thanks BigAl! I PM'd somebody who previously posted about BU and she has already given me some feedback, but I'd also love to hear what your first year has to say...