Audition Rotation as a Third year Resident.

Started by getfat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

getfat

IM Resident
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a upcoming outside rotation at a center I'm really interested in matching at. I was curious if anyone had any specific text outside of Marinos or Murray that I could utilize.

Honestly, any tips are appreciated. Thanks.
 
I have a upcoming outside rotation at a center I'm really interested in matching at. I was curious if anyone had any specific text outside of Marinos or Murray that I could utilize.

Honestly, any tips are appreciated. Thanks.
-IBCC online is a great quick resource.
-The Advanced Ventilator book or regular one if you want to start really fresh. Little green book that can read in a week.
-Critical care case base is nice if that is your learning style
-University of Utah echo lectures for pocus
-Critical care reviews is online weekly newsletter of the most recent publications related to crit care

In general this is no different than any other rotation. Show up, show interest, be curious and helpful. Meet with the PD if you can and get to know the culture of their program and insight from their fellows. Good luck. If you want specifics in terms of daily routines then let me know.
 
-IBCC online is a great quick resource.
-The Advanced Ventilator book or regular one if you want to start really fresh. Little green book that can read in a week.
-Critical care case base is nice if that is your learning style
-University of Utah echo lectures for pocus
-Critical care reviews is online weekly newsletter of the most recent publications related to crit care

In general this is no different than any other rotation. Show up, show interest, be curious and helpful. Meet with the PD if you can and get to know the culture of their program and insight from their fellows. Good luck. If you want specifics in terms of daily routines then let me know.
Ill check this out thanks a lot!

I'm open to any suggestions to get more efficient in regards to routines. Could i reach out to you later about this? Just need time to digest this list you gave me!

Thanks again,