Aug 18th CBSE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not worth it IMO. 79 was (per our test statistics) and often is two standard deviations above average. Going from top 2.5% to top 1% isn't worth the time and effort.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
To my omfs peeps, what was your mindset when you're going through d2/d3 year having to do prophys, screenings, fillings, etc.

My motivation for OMFS was so I would never have to do any of those things again...

Reactions: 4 users
UWSA1 overestimates by quite a bit and UWSA 2 slightly overestimates. Your CBSE score should typically fall within +/- 5 of your NBME average. Just speaking from personal experience and similar scenarios from friends.
Pretty much my experience. I'd also add that I thought UWorld was easier than NBME practice exams and the CBSE. I think that may largely be just because I became so accustomed to UW Qs.

Members don't see this ad :)
On whether Step 1 questions are the same as CBSE questions, if you don't think they are, we'll have to agree to disagree. That's definitely just my opinion though, based in the logic behind it. NBME designs the CBSE essentially as a "practice test" for the Step 1. Many medical schools actually require their students to take the CBSE in order to prove they're ready for Step 1. With that in mind, and also with the fact that NBME designs them both in mind, I believe they're the same questions. *yes, this is opinion, and I have not seen any evidence in favor of or in opposition to this - I have only seen and only offer conjecture*

It's a moot point though - I think we agree that preparing for CBSE as if it were Step 1 is a good life decision.
I felt the same way. I had a few friends taking the USMLE at the same time as I was prepping. They did basically the same thing I did to study, we got similar NBME scores and UW scores, and those scores translated really well to their actual step 1 score as did mine to my CBSE.

Got an email saying that those who tested on feb 9th will get their reports back in two weeks due to weather delays in the northeast during that weekend. Not all testing centers were open and we all have to wait while everyone reschedules their exam.