Aug. MCAT and (second) secondaries??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bunsen Honeydew

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm looking at a couple secondaries now for 2005, and i'm wondering how I indicate that I'm taking the August MCAT (this will be my second MCAT)?? The ones I've received don't have a field/question for this, and if I send these in before October, then they'll go by my August 2004 scores (read: the ones by which they rejected me once already). How can I let them know that newer (and hopefully higher) scores are on the way?

TIA for any info!!

BH
 
Didn't you indicate this in the AMCAS? I have a friend...how annoying is it when people say this...who was taking the August MCAT and was told that most schools automatically placed his app in a "hold for MCAT" file. If you indicated an AUG MCAT in the section in AMCAS, then I think you will be fine. But, as always, call or write the school you want to know about.
 
I don't remember that on my AMCAS, but I'll check my print-out. Many thanks, now back to MCAT!!