Aug MCAT/Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whyme

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long after Adcoms receive scores do invites for interviews come in? Nov? Dec? or later?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on how good of an applicant you are. When your scores arrive, your app will be complete and then it takes usually a few weeks for them to review it and then send u an invite. If you want to try to speed things up. Print your Online scres that you get out this week, and send it to all the schools you applied to. Some wont accept them im sure and will wait for amcas but alot will im told. That should speed thigns up by atleast 3 weeks. Dont worry still VERY early in the year!

a friend of mine here got an invite without august scores a little while ago - to rwj medical school - he had april scores but a 5 in verbal (non urm) so cool for him.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually called the MCAT people like 5 minutes ago and they said that the scores are sent as soon as they get printed (meaning when you can access them online, they are being sent). Hope this helps any...

Will the August scores also appear on the AMCAS online application that the schools get?

thanks,
summer1

not if you already sent in AMCAS

Originally posted by nkow
I actually called the MCAT people like 5 minutes ago and they said that the scores are sent as soon as they get printed (meaning when you can access them online, they are being sent).

yeah, right! ;) If you believe that..........I guess you didn't have the pleasure of dealing with AMCAS last year! :p

To answer the OP's question, I got my first invite last year toward the end of the first week of November (snail mail dated 11/1) from a non-AMCAS school, which I was then able to parlay into an invite to another school in the same state. But most of my invites came in December or January, and I did the bulk of my interviews in February.