August 1st DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clover

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, big days over.

Alright, big days over.

here are the stats:
bio:26
gen chem:23
orgo:28
PAT: 20
reading: 21
QR: 20
TS: 26
AA:24

Resources used:

1) DAT Destroyer - you guys have seen me post about it. I've never been ragged on but I'm sure there's been eye rolls but it's what I used and those are my scores so it's good.
-- essential for studying the DAT. explanations are great and covers what you will need to know for the DAT. keep in mind, it's not a miracle pill and won't get you insta-good scores but with hard work (& the time) and this guide to assist, you WILL get good grades.

2) Achiever & Topscore - great for simulating the test. Also necessary if you want to make sure time doesn't get the best of you. If I HAD to choose one, I'd pick Achiever over Topscore (despite the low practice scores) - explanations are better and I think the challenge kept me on my toes.

3) For those living in the NYC area - I also went to Dr. Romano's classes. The guy is SO funny. He's brutal with the kids but keeps the pressure on and kept me working. He's like Doc from Back to the Future, a little goofy but genius.

4) and last in the list is Kaplan course (last summer) -- absolute waste of time and money. It's just some kid who took the MCAT teaching the sciences and someone who took the DAT teaching the PAT. They both read out of a binder with answers. If asked about something that an answer wasn't provided for, they would just be like, i'll get back to you. But if that's the case, I could have just looked it up myself.

5) however, despite the classes being worthless cause tutors suck, kaplan is good for covering the basics. like everyone said, kaplan is fine for gen chem. if you can get your hands on their material, do so (legitimately, that is :p )

Now you might think I'm totally smart and trust me, I am but I didn't get serious until last semester. I have a 3.0 GPA and 2.97 SGPA. Nonetheless, I have some great scores on par with ppl with high 3.-- GPAs. Time, hard work and personal determination got me those scores. (this is totally motivational speechy but whatever)

anyways, next hurdle, get into dental school

Members don't see this ad.

Clover said:
Alright, big days over.

here are the stats:

That rocks! Congratulations - enjoy your summer!!! :thumbup:

amazing scores!!! Hope I can come even somewhat close to you when i take mine next week! With those scores i don't see how you won't get into a school this cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
hey clover, once again congrats, ure an example for all of us "Romaniacs" out there, hope I can make the Doc as proud as you did, have a great summer and thanx for all the help

thehipster said:
Amazing scores. Congrats. Where are you applying?

everywhere and then some.

nah, all along east coast, and hmm, well guess everywhere and then some is pretty accurate. oh, not puerto rico and no midwest like ohio (no offense but i just don't I'd mix well)

Orthodox bear: :D Are you kidding, you'll do awesome! I'm rooting for you! :laugh:

Excellent job! Gives me something to shoot for (yah right).

aranjuez

aranjuez said:
Excellent job! Gives me something to shoot for (yah right).

aranjuez

it is! i checked sdn everyday just for high scores that i went back to my studies thinking, that's me, that's gonna be me in a few months/weeks/days.

=) i hope to see you post your awesome scores whenever you take your DATs

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
if i had to pick one and only one thing: if you know all ochem in destroyer, you'll be set.

topscore &/or achiever only to get a feel for the timing and pressures of a testing environment

i did not crack open my orgo text or gen chem text. it wasn't necessary or the best option considering the time I was working with.

I did just take orgo this last year so it was fairly fresh in my mind.

jkh1886 said:
:) Hey guys. I also took the DAT on Aug 1. I was in law school last year and am moving to dental. I've been out of college for 3 yrs. Last time I took bio was 6 yrs ago, orgo 6 yrs ago, and chem 7 yrs ago.

This was my score:

Bio 27
Chem 22
Orgo 23
PAT 22
RC 20
QR 24
AA 23
TS 24

GPA = 3.5-3.6 (I took some courses at another university, and I don't care to calculate my combined GPA)

Congrats and welcome to the D-Club! :thumbup:

Congradulations excellent score!! one question:
How was the reading on the DAT, because my test is in a week or so and im a little scared about it?

Thanx!

congrats! Those are awesome scores.

Also sincde you have such a great photographic memory could you remember some of these "specific" bio questions that where asked? At least give us a hint maybe?

Clover said:
Alright, big days over.

here are the stats:

I've checked SDN like everyday this summer. Thanks for everyone who's posted their stats and practice scores - really helped me gauge where I was along in my studies. So here are my practice scores:

Kaplan CD-
AA-19
TS-18
PA-20
Bio-18
chem-20
ochem-20
qr-21
rc-19

Achiever 1-
AA-19
TS-19
PA-17
Bio-19
Chem-16
ochem-20
qr-16
rc-21

Achiever 2-
AA-18
TS-17
PA-17
Bio-17
chem-17
ochem-18
qr-17
rc-22

Achiever 3
AA 19
TS 18
PA 16
Bio 16
chem 17
ochem 19
qr 18
rc 23

topscore 3 - (1 & 2 I kept erasing)
AA 22
TS 20
PA 22
Bio 20
chem 19
ochem 23
qr 21
rc 25

Resources used:

1) DAT Destroyer - you guys have seen me post about it. I've never been ragged on but I'm sure there's been eye rolls but it's what I used and those are my scores so it's good.
-- essential for studying the DAT. explanations are great and covers what you will need to know for the DAT. keep in mind, it's not a miracle pill and won't get you insta-good scores but with hard work (& the time) and this guide to assist, you WILL get good grades.

2) Achiever & Topscore - great for simulating the test. Also necessary if you want to make sure time doesn't get the best of you. If I HAD to choose one, I'd pick Achiever over Topscore (despite the low practice scores) - explanations are better and I think the challenge kept me on my toes.

3) For those living in the NYC area - I also went to Dr. Romano's classes. The guy is SO funny. He's brutal with the kids but keeps the pressure on and kept me working. He's like Doc from Back to the Future, a little goofy but genius.

4) and last in the list is Kaplan course (last summer) -- absolute waste of time and money. It's just some kid who took the MCAT teaching the sciences and someone who took the DAT teaching the PAT. They both read out of a binder with answers. If asked about something that an answer wasn't provided for, they would just be like, i'll get back to you. But if that's the case, I could have just looked it up myself.

5) however, despite the classes being worthless cause tutors suck, kaplan is good for covering the basics. like everyone said, kaplan is fine for gen chem. if you can get your hands on their material, do so (legitimately, that is :p )

Now you might think I'm totally smart and trust me, I am but I didn't get serious until last semester. I have a 3.0 GPA and 2.97 SGPA. Nonetheless, I have some great scores on par with ppl with high 3.-- GPAs. Time, hard work and personal determination got me those scores. (this is totally motivational speechy but whatever)

anyways, next hurdle, get into dental school

ur score is killa! if admission office ppl see ur grade, they will get heart attack and won't be able to do their job of accepting you, but other than that, u r in baby.

Congrats on your score. Guess I couldn't catch up, but I'm still very proud of you. I know you studied hard!