Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a pretty ****ty GPA. ~3.1 but I'm a Math/Physics double major.
I scored a 27O on the August 4th test. (8 BS, 8 VR, 11 PS).
I honestly think I could've gotten a 10 BS if there was more organic chemistry on the test (I think 6 passages were Bio and 1 was Orgo). My VR was around an 8-10 on the AAMC practice tests and my PS was around 10-12 on the practice tests, so those two seem about right.
If all things went well, I think I could score a 10/10/12 giving me a 32. My question is, would it be worth it to apply with a 32 and if my GPA was raised to a ~3.4 if I was looking to get into a school like University of Maryland (in-state)? I have one physics publication in a journal, one kick-ass LOR from the professor I did that research with, and no other ECs really.
I scored a 27O on the August 4th test. (8 BS, 8 VR, 11 PS).
I honestly think I could've gotten a 10 BS if there was more organic chemistry on the test (I think 6 passages were Bio and 1 was Orgo). My VR was around an 8-10 on the AAMC practice tests and my PS was around 10-12 on the practice tests, so those two seem about right.
If all things went well, I think I could score a 10/10/12 giving me a 32. My question is, would it be worth it to apply with a 32 and if my GPA was raised to a ~3.4 if I was looking to get into a school like University of Maryland (in-state)? I have one physics publication in a journal, one kick-ass LOR from the professor I did that research with, and no other ECs really.