• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

August DAT Test Date: Thoughts and Opinions

fredthomas17

Mar 8, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey,

I wanted to get your thoughts and opinions on taking the DAT in August. I have my test scheduled for August 9th. It seems all of June/July dates are taken in every state across the East Coast. Majority of August test dates along the East Coast are also full

1) Is this a late timeframe?
2) Are there indications Dental Schools will consider COVID-19 and allow extensions?

dentalschl44

Jun 6, 2019
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey,

I wanted to get your thoughts and opinions on taking the DAT in August. I have my test scheduled for August 9th. It seems all of June/July dates are taken in every state across the East Coast. Majority of August test dates along the East Coast are also full

1) Is this a late timeframe?
2) Are there indications Dental Schools will consider COVID-19 and allow extensions?

I think August isn’t super late in general, despite what you might hear. I took mine last year in late July and got an interview/accepted to everywhere I wanted. Given, I got a very good score so that was a pretty big factor too. A lot of people applying are going through the same thing so I wouldn’t stress about it too much, there’s really nothing you can do anyways. I would suggest looking up open dates every week or so, at least in my experience people push back their exam dates often so if you really want to take it ASAP, be ready to take it whenever and you might just find an earlier open date as you keep checking.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users

numberfour_

2+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2018
  1. Pre-Dental
I'm also in the same boat. California is booked in most places till September, because of the cancellations at Prometric. I even thought about seeing if I could drive out of state for an earlier date, but nearby states were also booked around that time. I managed to get one in early August. Wondering if schools are taking this into consideration..

About the Ads

HKSZYU

2+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2017
  1. Dental Student
August should be fine. Even in a normal cycle it wouldn't be considered terribly late, and I feel like there will likely be a bit more leniency this cycle because of COVID.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.