August MCAT and...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mustafa

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who has taken the August MCAT received any word on their status (besides that their application is complete from the following schools:

Harvard
UPenn
Yale
Stanford
Cornell
Duke

If so, when was your app complete?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been offered an interview from Yale. I guess my app was officially complete when they got my scores. I submitted my secondary in late September/early october. As for the rest, I, too, haven't heard a peep.

[This message has been edited by lizard (edited 12-26-2000).]

Received an invite from UPenn, Dec 22, to be schedule sometime soon, I hope.
App was complete sometime early Nov.
Haven't heard nuthin de otros.
Yes the August MCAT magic.

Members don't see this ad :)
2000 August MCAT and UC Interviews...

Does such a thing actually exist?

I know! What is up with the UCs? Has anyone who took the August MCAT gotten an interview with ANY UC? I met one woman who got an interview with UCSF, but she had called around thanksgiving telling them that she will be on the west coast during the winter holidays and they were very accommodating. Otherwise nada.

My girlfriend (aka Lizard from the previous post) and I just got interview offers from UCSF yesterday!! I also got a UPENN interview offer around New Years Day.
We have still not heard from the other UC schools however.

I was offered an interview at Stanford in mid December and my application was complete in mid September. Hope that helps.

Don't hold you breath waiting for Harvard. Interviews are held from September through the end of January. Applicants selected for interview will be notified by the first week in January.

Stanford interviews through the end of April.

Duke interviews through February.

Cornell interviews to March 1.

Penn interviews from Oct. through February.

Yale interviews until March 1. The class is oversubscribed by 30% on March 15. Late interviewees can only expect to be wait-listed at best.

I'm not sure if what you say about Yale is exactly true. When I interviewed there, they said that they do not have a rolling admissions and do not make any final decisions about anyone until they finish interviewing. They make some preliminary judgements after the interview, but the final decisions are not until the end of the interview cycle. Then, they send out all rejections/acceptances/holds out on March 15. Maybe you know some insider information, but they seem to be clear that late interviews are not simply getting wait-list positions.

I just received an interview invite from Yale. I talked with the admissions staff about this very question, and they noted that all decisions are made at once, at the end of this year's interview cycle.

But then again, if you are privy to something we don't know, do please divulge.

Gower...

Just called Harvard. They will send no more interview invites after next week, the third week of January.

But don't worry, I am DEFINITELY not holding my breath for the brahmins.