August MCAT, Haven't applied yet?

Started by toxin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

toxin

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am thinking about sending in my application at the end of this month? Will it make any difference that I am a month late since they wont have my MCAT scores anyways I dont think it will make a diffference, right?
 
if you are sure on the schools you want, then I would suggest you submit right away ( or at least apply to all the schools you think you have a good chance at, ie state schools) Even though they don't have your MCAT scores, you can have your secondaries completed ( which takes a while) and have your AMCAS verified. Once your scores are in, they are transmitted pretty fast.
 
I submitted AMCAS last year a week or two after taking the Aug MCAT. I procrastinated even more with my secondaries, sending them in at the end of November. I was accepted to 1 of the 7 schools I did a secondary for. Being late surely didn't help me, but it isn't necessarily a deal breaker. If you want to know specifics about me, feel free to send me a PM.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
callalily said:
if you are sure on the schools you want, then I would suggest you submit right away ( or at least apply to all the schools you think you have a good chance at, ie state schools) Even though they don't have your MCAT scores, you can have your secondaries completed ( which takes a while) and have your AMCAS verified. Once your scores are in, they are transmitted pretty fast.
I agree. Submit ASAP
 
Hey Toxin.
I'm in the same situation, well sort of. I was just about to submit my primary today, but got some good feedback from a good friend of mine at Mt. Sinai last night. So, I'm thinking that 3 or 4 more days (i.e. this weekend!) is not too detrminental in being content with a Personal Statement. Besides, I'm taking the MCAT in August, so my app (transcripts, LOR's, scores, Secondaries, etc.) won't be "complete"/looked at by Adm Comms. until mid-October, right?

As long as you are happy with what you finally submit, and it's not TOO late, it should be fine.

By the way, are you taking the Aug MCAT too?