Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

August MCAT Score

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kornphan, Oct 8, 2001.

1. kornphan

kornphan Senior Member

Just got off the phone with MCAT.. they said "We are hoping to get the scores out by this Friday otherwisw it will go out for sure middle of next week " I asked her if they send it to the schools directly or it goes thru AMCAS... she said " We give it to AMCAS and they send it out and we know they are having some problems ".... so there might be more delay here !.. ( Keeping my fingers crossed :) :eek:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jargon124

jargon124 Senior Member

thanks for the info kornfan...i am getting ready to mail my mcat scores and amcas app to all my schools as soon as i get them in the mail...it will cost me about 50 bucks but its worth it...i cannot trust amcas to do it in a timely fashion...i submittel my app 7/24 and still not verified/processed.

4. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper

To both kornphan and jargon:

I talked with nearly all of the schools to which I am applying, and some said they weren't expecting our scores until mid-November. I don't know if they have any inside info that led them to tell me this...I hope not!

Before spending all that money on postage, you might want to call your schools. When I asked if they wanted me to fax my scores to them; some gave me a resounding YES, while others thought I was out of my mind. In most instances, though, it won't help your odds. A lot of schools are not looking at MCAT scores that are not official.

Good luck! Let's hope AMCAS doesn't screw this one up!

5. jargon124

jargon124 Senior Member

Christ - MID-NOVEMBER? That's horrible, SwampMan. I hope it's not true, because that would be devastating for us August MCATers. I hate AMCAS. Acutally, hate does not really cover it...but you get the picture...