August MCAT too late for AZCOM???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinkocopies3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am taking the MCAT in August, and because of the rolling admissions process, I am kind of worried that this will be too late!!! I should have stuck with the April MCAT, but I didn't have enough time to study so I decided to postpone it. Any suggestions from those of you who have been accepted to AZCOM or currently enrolled? Did anyone take the August MCAT and still get accepted?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I had taken the april mcat, but wasnt happy with my score. I retook it in august and turned in my secondary application just before my august scores came in. I was called for an interview 3 days later and at that time I was able to download my new scores off the website, so I brought them with me and they were added to my file. I was accepted shortly there after.
I would say that it is better to take the april mcat, but you certainly wont be out of the running if you wait to take the august one. If your application is strong, then I wouldn't worry about it. Certainly, the longer you wait, the less seats are open.
Good Luck,

Azmedstudent

I also took the August mcat and didn't have trouble getting in. The poster above is right that there are less seats available when you have to interview later, but I say go for it anyway! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
For what it is worth, I didn't do my interview until the very last day of interviews in mid April and I got in. Don't sweat it.

I had taken the MCAT a few years before my application, but applied late (mid September) and had no problems.

Better your scores get in later than early and low. I had the same situation, made the same decision and got in. However, it is important to note that AZCOM interviews (I think) in three week-long or so sessions in the fall and is all through by november some time except for one last batch in April. I wasn't early enough w/ my application, LORs, and transcripts to get in on the fall interviewing, so by the time I was interviewed in April, 3/4 of their class had been filled. Obviously, your chances of getting in at that point are lower, since there are fewer slots available. Is it possible to get in on the fall interviewing w/ August scores? Maybe, provided all your other stuff is squared away. It depends on the timing. Call their admissions office and ask them. No doubt they get this question a lot and can tell you immediately if August scores arrive early enough for AZCOM's fall interviews. Good luck.

AZCOM ends fall interviews unusually early. I got a call in late October offering me an interview on November 8. I had another interview scheduled for the same day on the other side of the country and asked if any other dates were available, and they said, "Oh sure, you can interview in April!"

I was fairly timely with my stuff and ended up getting the last interview on the last day of fall interviews. Phew. You should have no problem as long as your turnaround for everything is days rather than weeks, though, and you keep the adcom appraised of your situation.

I seem to recall another thread mentioning that AZCOM had lots of seats open in the spring. Half, maybe? Or thirty. I forget. Anyhow, unlike many schools, you're not just interviewing for the waitlist in spring.