August MCAT too late?... (Specifically in this COVID-19 riddled application cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RipSpamilton

Reaction score
Hi all!

Would taking the MCAT in August during the 20-21 application cycle be too late? I'm scheduled to sit for my MCAT for July 16th but am looking to see if I can add more prep time to boost the FL scores. I would love some input from any adcoms floating on the forums!

Members don't see this ad.

I am not an adcom, but I emailed several of the schools that I applied to about any changes in the admissions process this cycle due to COVID-19. With the exception of a few state schools, they replied that they would consider this application cycle no different from the previous ones. I’m not exactly sure what that means, but I am assuming the schools that do rolling admissions will keep them. So yes, the sooner you have your score the better it is, but not sure if it’s significant enough to risk taking the MCAT unprepared.

I am not an adcom, but I emailed several of the schools that I applied to about any changes in the admissions process this cycle due to COVID-19. With the exception of a few state schools, they replied that they would consider this application cycle no different from the previous ones. I’m not exactly sure what that means, but I am assuming the schools that do rolling admissions will keep them. So yes, the sooner you have your score the better it is, but not sure if it’s significant enough to risk taking the MCAT unprepared.

Thanks for the input! I have a month left, i guess I just gotta kick into overdrive!