• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

August MCAT too late?... (Specifically in this COVID-19 riddled application cycle)

RipSpamilton

May 19, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hi all!

Would taking the MCAT in August during the 20-21 application cycle be too late? I'm scheduled to sit for my MCAT for July 16th but am looking to see if I can add more prep time to boost the FL scores. I would love some input from any adcoms floating on the forums!

JimKimSlim

Feb 5, 2020
    1. Medical Student
      I am not an adcom, but I emailed several of the schools that I applied to about any changes in the admissions process this cycle due to COVID-19. With the exception of a few state schools, they replied that they would consider this application cycle no different from the previous ones. I’m not exactly sure what that means, but I am assuming the schools that do rolling admissions will keep them. So yes, the sooner you have your score the better it is, but not sure if it’s significant enough to risk taking the MCAT unprepared.

RipSpamilton

May 19, 2020
      1. Pre-Medical
        I am not an adcom, but I emailed several of the schools that I applied to about any changes in the admissions process this cycle due to COVID-19. With the exception of a few state schools, they replied that they would consider this application cycle no different from the previous ones. I’m not exactly sure what that means, but I am assuming the schools that do rolling admissions will keep them. So yes, the sooner you have your score the better it is, but not sure if it’s significant enough to risk taking the MCAT unprepared.

Thanks for the input! I have a month left, i guess I just gotta kick into overdrive!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.