August MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vnicolas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that they claim taking an AUGUSt MCAT is BAD but I wanted to know that since I am a URM (black female) will an AUGUST MCAT still hurt my chances. The reason I am taking Aug MCAT because I want to take a Princeton Review next summer and the class ends 7/29 and I want some time after the class ends probably 2-3 wks to review my weak areas and to take more FL MCATs.

Members don't see this ad.

An August MCAT isn't bad if you score well. I'm taking my MCAT next Tuesday. My pre-med adviser actually advised me to take my MCAT in September. You can always submit your application before your MCAT scores come out. Don't worry about what people on here say, take the exam when YOU are ready! Best of luck!

It just that I can not get my LOR until my MCAT scores come out-- my school pre-health committee and teachers refuse to write one until they see the official scores, so if I take the test in Aug. my letters will probably be sent around Oct.

It just that I can not get my LOR until my MCAT scores come out-- my school pre-health committee and teachers refuse to write one until they see the official scores, so if I take the test in Aug. my letters will probably be sent around Oct.

That's really strange that the preHealth committee won't write the letter till around now, when did you meet with them to interview? I thought preHealth committees send out their letters to AMCAS in batches based on when you met with them.. That's really unfortunate since you won't be complete till later. Why are they so bent on your scores may I ask? Do you attend an undergrad institution that's really big on numbers? Even if you did well, why do they put so much weight into that when they already know you're a good student? There is SO much more to being a physician than MCAT score