~~~ August MCATers Interviews ~~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildTumor

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any August MCAT takers received interview invites yet?

Where?

How long does it usually take to get an interview from the time the scores are released?

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to know was well!

I'm sure we'll hear of some from people that already sent in their non-screened seconderies

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite yesterday from Iowa (I'm out of state). I was really surprised at how fast that came.

I thought this was strange but I got invited for an interview from VCU on the 14th (a Saturday). I received an email saying my status changed on their website. Went in and checked and said I should schedule an interview. Everything they do is through the computer.

I thought this was strange but I got invited for an interview from VCU on the 14th (a Saturday). I received an email saying my status changed on their website. Went in and checked and said I should schedule an interview. Everything they do is through the computer.

My status for VCU still says "on hold for MCAT" Has anybody elses status changed?

I got an invite this morning from University of Utah (that's in-state for me). Strange, I never had my VCU page say "on hold for MCAT." It has said "Completed" for about 5 weeks....

My status for VCU still says "on hold for MCAT" Has anybody elses status changed?

nope. mine is still on hold. I was also put on hold at BU for MCAT (right after they received my application...I doubt they even looked at it), but at GW I was 'complete' in september. go figure.

I am still on hold at Wake Forest and VCU. :(

Wanted to get this thread going again. August MCATer here. Just got my first interview invite at GWU.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi tomorrowgirl. Had you taken the MCAT previously? If not, when and how did Temple notify you?

Thanks,
Antsy me

Just got an interview at Texas Tech

Are you from Virginia? They havent given me a secondary or anything...

Hey all,

im out of state but univ of toledo gave me an interview slot fairly quickly, almost 3 days after the scores were released, and im a first time mcat taker in august

Are you from Virginia? They havent given me a secondary or anything...

No, I'm not from Virginia. I think what helped was that I submitted AMCAS early and got a secondary from VCU at the end of June. Turned that in at the end of July. They were one of the few schools that actually reviewed my application w/o the August MCAT. So I guess as soon as they got my August MCAT scores they sent the invite.

I'm sure you'll get a secondary or some sort of update soon enough.

is it bad that I haven't received any invites? I feel like ****, especially after being placed on hold by UCSD...:(

is it bad that I haven't received any invites? I feel like ****, especially after being placed on hold by UCSD...:(

Dude, it hasn't even been a week. The schools are completely flooded with applicants after the August MCAT. I consider myself lucky that the UC's are sending me secondaries. Of course just one lousy interview from someone would also be nice.

I called some schools today to make sure my August MCAT scores were in. That and to see if my apps were even being reviewed yet but yeah they're just swamped with applications. Some schools said under review, others said still sitting in a pile with the others, and one school didn't even have my August scores with my file. The lady had to put them together.

So I was lucky with 1 interview but I'm expecting NOT to hear anything for a while. Meanwhile, just relax and watch Grey's Anatomy tonight. =0

Its good to know im not the only one! it gets scary when schools ive applied too are already handing out their first acceptances!

I got an invite from Ohio State today. I retook the MCAT this past August but I was complete at most schools before scores were released.

OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew you'd rock the beast, especially considering how well engineers tend to do!!!!!!! Yay to a fellow floridian!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Oh and btw one of my friends (who I think you seem to know) also got 3 invites post MCAT score release. his score was 1 point lower then yours and his GPA is just .2 higher then yours. Temple was one of his invites. He got invites from two other out of state northern schools.

I'm sure you and him both will hear by November or December from Florida schools.

i have a 32 (8vr 12bs and PS) would love an interview at temple just worried about my less then stellar gpa (3.54AO/3.62BCMP, I know it isnt low but low for most school standards. Do you guys thinkl have a decent shot at temple?

OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew you'd rock the beast, especially considering how well engineers tend to do!!!!!!! Yay to a fellow floridian!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Oh and btw one of my friends (who I think you seem to know) also got 3 invites post MCAT score release. his score was 1 point lower then yours and his GPA is just .2 higher then yours. Temple was one of his invites. He got invites from two other out of state northern schools.

I'm sure you and him both will hear by November or December from Florida schools.

Thank you so much for all the MCAT stuff you provided. I would have gone broke trying to buy all that stuff.

i have a 32 (8vr 12bs and PS) would love an interview at temple just worried about my less then stellar gpa (3.54AO/3.62BCMP, I know it isnt low but low for most school standards. Do you guys thinkl have a decent shot at temple?

Definitely! Are you from PA? They seem to favor in-state residents.

My second interview at UTMB Galveston!:)
I emailed them asking if my app was complete, and they responded to say it was and that I should receive an "official" interview invite next week!

got an invite from toledo today via snail mail....booyah!!:D broke my interview cherry

Thank you so much for all the MCAT stuff you provided. I would have gone broke trying to buy all that stuff.

hehehehe. Yeah a lot of it was given to me for free from a generous SDNer, except the AAMC material. :p

It was worth it to see someone succeed as you have done. I'm soooooo happy for you and knew that you would be able to bring it up. I think you'll have a shot at our Fl. schools too come Nov, Dec, January. They are just late in getting August MCATers into the interview pool.

My second interview at UTMB Galveston!:)
I emailed them asking if my app was complete, and they responded to say it was and that I should receive an "official" interview invite next week!

when were you complete? also first time MCAT ?

when were you complete? also first time MCAT ?

My app was processed 6/28, however I just wanted to make sure that they received LORs (because I have heard horror stories!). This was my third MCAT (and this is my second time applying).

interviewed UTMB before MCAT release (9/22) and just got Southwestern today for 11/4

verified 7/24 on tmdsas

I got 4 interviews on Monday

31/4.0

Unfortunately not from PA....:(

Really? I've never really known any non-residents who seemed so interested in Temple..I guess I just figured people outside of PA wouldn't know much about it. Don't worry though, at least half accepted are OOS...I'm sure you have a great shot :)

Really? I've never really known any non-residents who seemed so interested in Temple..I guess I just figured people outside of PA wouldn't know much about it. Don't worry though, at least half accepted are OOS...I'm sure you have a great shot :)

Really??? A good friend of mine from a few years back is now a 3rd year there. He was a Florida resident when he went through the application process in the 2003 cycle.

I know other floridians in this cycle, 3 years later, that have interviews there.

I also know a girl who went there for dental. Shes a first year dental student there. She was a Fl. resident when she applied. Another dental studen I know was also from my university and applied after moving to Boston for a year or so that's what his sister said.

Just got my second interview invite today from Georgetown. I re-took the MCAT in August and got a 33N.

Just got my second interview invite today from Georgetown. I re-took the MCAT in August and got a 33N.

Im hoping to hear from Gtown soon, what was ur GPA?

Just got an interview with University of Minnesota-Duluth for next week. Took August MCAT (previously taken MCAT=April 2002).

No word from any other schools yet though.

I sent most of my secondaries early September, but my LOR's did not go out until October 13. It is just at my school, they take pretty long to compile those letters. Any ways, I got a 33Q (14,8,11) and a 4.00. I am hoping to hear something within the next two weeks; I have submitted 10 secondaries so far, but I am going to submit 4 more probably (ASAP). Wake Forest, Yale, and two others. So tired of waiting! Do you guys have any suggestions regarding when I might hear something?:confused: