August MCATer's ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bkpa2med

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who is complete and took the Aug MCAT received any interview invites?

I'm patiently waiting ...:sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

Keep your head up, I'm sure we'll get some soon. Have you attended any open houses?

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep your head up, I'm sure we'll get some soon. Have you attended any open houses?
No not yet.. Im waiting too. I attended the OMAC at Western in Aug.. it was very informative and helpful...

I have been to OSU and to KCUMB. I am sure that things will get rolling, I just need to be a little more patient.

I have been to OSU and to KCUMB. I am sure that things will get rolling, I just need to be a little more patient.

Good luck everyone!

Can anyone confirm that any of their schools have received the scores?

Nope, I have contacted NYCOM, PCOM, NSUCOM, and KCOM today and every said the same thing, that they are still waiting for the revision from AACOMAS.

I am getting a little inpatient with the process myself, but hey, I am the one that choice to take a suicidal schedule in the spring which made taking the April MCAT impossible.

I got an email from PCOM stating that they had recieved my MCAT scores.

I faxed over my score to certain schools and UNECOM got back to me in one day with their secondary, so I guess it worked. But, they were really friendly. Other than that who knows.

I got an email from PCOM stating that they had recieved my MCAT scores.

Did you fax it to them? I am mystified, because I got a response that was just the opposite.

I only released my scores to AACOMAS, did you all release your scores to each school individually also or just to AACOMAS? I haven't gotten a response from anyone yet either.

I only released my scores to AACOMAS, did you all release your scores to each school individually also or just to AACOMAS? I haven't gotten a response from anyone yet either.

I only released only to AACOMAS, I wasn't even aware that you could release to individual schools. I released at 6:00AM last Friday morning, so I know I was ahead of the crowd.

Members don't see this ad :)
Released them last Thursday night...they updated on Friday, and were "sent" on the 15th...meaning they went out in Monday's mail...I hate snail mail.

Yeah, mine was released on 10/15 also. Yes, snail mail does suck.

We need to keep this alive to keep each other informed of what school's are doing.

I released to AACOMAS on Monday morning. My THx says request complete, but nobody seems to have received my scores yet.

I definitely agree to keep this up though.

I did actually email my score to the schools (some of them asked me to) while at the same time I released them from aamc. FYI, for what ever reason PCOM is actually listed separate from acomas when you release your scores.

One other thing. I got an email form acomas on monday explaining that it would take a week to update my file with my new score. On that very day my new scores were listed on my acomas application. This may mean that, although your scores show up on acomas, your revised file might not be immediatly available to your designations.

I did actually email my score to the schools (some of them asked me to) while at the same time I released them from aamc. FYI, for what ever reason PCOM is actually listed separate from acomas when you release your scores.

I submitted to PCOM as well. I saw them separate and said what the hell, why not!

Actually, I'm still mulling around submitting to about 5 or 6 more schools...and PCOM is one of them...as recommended by a friend of mine that did his first 2 years at KCUMB and is now in Philly doing his rotations. Spoke very highly of PCOM and its students when I talked to him...

As slow as the process is, I figured why not! :) Plus, it was late and I was half looped!

I got an interview to TUCOM CA today, and to henderson based on previous MCAT score.

Anyone hear anything considering August their first MCAT?

Hey I took the August 2006 MCAT and have my first interview (OUCOM) already....it's in Nov. but I was invited Oct. 16....i heard I am supposed to be getting two more Do interviews...still waiting to hear back on those tho...Good luck!

i heard from OUCOM as well.! Yea!

I faxed over my mcat scores on friday per their request (i visited the school before and asked the admissions head some question recently, he suggested i fax it).

They mailed the interview invite monday and i'm all set for an interview the 27th. All set with them anyway . . .

I need to find clothes, shoes, some great questions and review everything i know about them, osteopathic medicine and maybe read a few interesting books before friday. oh, and take an Ochem2 midterm!

off to do all those things . . .
n

Hey I took the August 2006 MCAT and have my first interview (OUCOM) already....it's in Nov. but I was invited Oct. 16....i heard I am supposed to be getting two more Do interviews...still waiting to hear back on those tho...Good luck!

so you can get a good preview hogans - i hear it's going to be pretty chill compared to other schools.

DMU E-mailed me and they have access to all the August 2006 scores, so I am assuming that all schools have them now.

I'm an August MCATer, and I interviewed at TCOM yesterday. I was invited in September. Good luck to my fellow August MCATers!

Did you take the Aug MCAT in 05 only? What happened last year? Did you retake the MCAT or improve your GPA?

Did you take the Aug MCAT in 05 only? What happened last year? Did you retake the MCAT or improve your GPA?
No, I took the MCAT in April 05 and August 06.

So after DMU e-mailed me informing me that they have my score, I called PCOM and KCOM and they did not have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I submitted it to AACOMAS on the AAMC THx website at like 6:00AM on Friday the 13th!!!!!!!!!!

I am a little frustrated by this. Has this happened to anyone else?

OK, has ANYONE that took the August MCAT confirmed the arrival of their new scores to their schools? I can't believe they wouldn't have arrived by now, but I can't confirm that they have gotten to any of my schools.

Snail Mail is not my friend! :)

OK, has ANYONE that took the August MCAT confirmed the arrival of their new scores to their schools? I can't believe they wouldn't have arrived by now, but I can't confirm that they have gotten to any of my schools.

Snail Mail is not my friend! :)

did you check accomas mailing date? they should have the original mailing date as well as 'new' and the date the next round was sent (mine was 10/15).

i receive a pre-secondary interview invite to comp today, but the other day i received a snail mail letter from touro-nv that said i was screened out but marked before they received any mcat scores (a mix-up--roger told me today to fax my scores). so it's hard to say what's going on everywhere, but the moral of that touro-nv mix-up is: FAX YOUR SCORES. a few of the schools i applied to specifically asked me to fax my score, but i faxed pretty much everyone my mcat scores today. as roger put it "aacomas is slow and we shouldn't wait around for them"

Mailed 10/15...supposedly.

I emailed KCOM and KCUMB a link to my official report the other day, but haven't heard anything. This is frustrating...you pay all that money, it should be electronic.

Mailed 10/15...supposedly.

I emailed KCOM and KCUMB a link to my official report the other day, but haven't heard anything. This is frustrating...you pay all that money, it should be electronic.

i know. it sucks. hard.

I used to think that it wasn't electronically sent, but ccom got my primary pretty quickly. Mailed out on Sunday and got ccom's secondary on monday. hmm.

I have yet to hear from any of the schools I applied to confirming receipt of my new score. I did email each of them and informed that a faxed copy of the score with a verification number would be sufficient for KCUMB.

MJB, (and anybody else applying to KCUMB ) you may try the fax.:luck:

I emailed them a link to my official score report. I haven't heard from them since...and I can't find anywhere to check my status on their website, so who knows.

I can't believe it would take that long to get the score reports from AACOMAS.

I emailed them a link to my official score report. I haven't heard from them since...and I can't find anywhere to check my status on their website, so who knows.

I can't believe it would take that long to get the score reports from AACOMAS.

unecom just sent the 'you're sufficient for a secondary' email... i think they've all 'got them' now--it's just a question of how many files they need to update. the way i see it, faxing puts it directly in their hands

I'm beginning to think this wait is worse than waiting for the MCAT scores....

Yup, I checked mine too. Does anyone know how long it took KCOM to update the LORs? I sent mine through interfolio a week ago.

I have called many of my acomas designations and they all say that they have not yet recieved my Aug MCAT scores even though acomas says my app was revised on the 22nd. I can't get a hold of anyone at acomas. At least my Texas schools have received my Aug MCAT.