August PCAT scores report here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FixLittlePeople

Admitted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so how did you do? anyone else get their scores already?
i got:

verbal 55%
biology 96%
readin 67%
math 93%
chemistry 82%
composite 88%

writing 3.0 for both

so how did you guys do?

Members don't see this ad.

so how did you do? anyone else get their scores already?
i got:

verbal 55%
biology 96%
readin 67%
math 93%
chemistry 82%
composite 88%

writing 3.0 for both

so how did you guys do?
:thumbup:Congratulations on your scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got:
verbal 74%
biology 83%
readin 86%
math 38% (jesus christ!!!)
chemistry 93%
composite 83%

writing 3.0 for both

Im gonna retake in october, but I am really bummed out. I felt really good afterwards except I knew I bombed the math. I took that test on 3 hours of sleep and had to drive from Austin to San Antonio. I honestly thought I got a 90+ in reading, bio, chem....well 1 out of 3 worked out. I was wondering if anyone can give me some input on my chances in Texas schools?

Okay so anyone know how long after PharmCAS tags your Official Tests section before they actually come in the mail?

My thing was blank this morning, and now it says they received my August scores.....I'M SO ANXIOUS, AHHHHH, PETRIFIED.

Anyone know?

Hey Wan, same thing happened to me today. Kinda burns my 'tater a bit. Pharmcas is seeing my crappy scores before *I* see my crappy scores! Boo!

Was it just me or did Math totally suck on the Aug 2007 test? I literally guessed on HALF of them too, Nerv! I kept saying "the answer is always B if you don't know." I looked back and noticed I had WAAAY too many B's! HA!

OMG guyz! I'm so nervousss...I can get my score tomorrow!:eek::eek:

Verbal 96%
Bio 90%
Reading 92%
Math 95%
Chem 93%
Composite 97%

Writing 3 and 3.5

Been lurking on this site since about June when I started studying. Main reason of posting was to say thanks for all the help/advice/insight other members have provided. Know my score wouldn't have been possible without it. :)

when do you guys think the southeast will get their scores... i am sitting here in montgomery, AL and i probably won't be able to sleep from now until i KNOW what my scores are... even then, they will probably be so bad that i still won't be able to sleep at night.... this stinks!!!

Verbal 96%
Bio 90%
Reading 92%
Math 95%
Chem 93%
Composite 97%

Writing 3 and 3.5

Been lurking on this site since about June when I started studying. Main reason of posting was to say thanks for all the help/advice/insight other members have provided. Know my score wouldn't have been possible without it. :)

Congrats on superb PCAT scores. If you could summarize for us what you learned on SDN that helped you so much, that would be great. Thx

Members don't see this ad :)
Verbal 96%
Bio 90%
Reading 92%
Math 95%
Chem 93%
Composite 97%

Writing 3 and 3.5

Congrats on superb PCAT scores. If you could summarize for us what you learned (techniques and study guides) on SDN that helped you so much, that would be great. Thx

im thinking if Harcourt mailed everyone's scores on the same day, and my envelope was postmarked in San Antonio the 25th and received the 26th, then everyone should have their scores either today (mid states) or tomorrow (E and W Coasts). of course to be fair, it really depends on the postal service.

Verbal 96%
Bio 90%
Reading 92%
Math 95%
Chem 93%
Composite 97%

Writing 3 and 3.5

Wonderful Scores!!! Can u please let the oct pcat takers :scared:know how you prepared for the exam?

i feel like i am praying for something in the sixties or seventies for the math section... i felt kind of confident for each section until i got to the math... the math utterly depressed me... i was so bummed out when i left that test because the last section DOMINATED me... if i had felt like i at least handled the math pretty well then i would be pretty confident about my scores but now im having worst case scenario feelings that tell me i will get about a 30% in math and a 65% composite... anything 60-85% will be disappointing for me because my GPA is not that great and i studied my tail off... oh well... we will know shortly...

WOW so midwest people got their scores already? I probably will get mine today too? HMMm i'm so nervous to check my mail now lol

great job to the people who posted so far....

So i have a question to the people who have gotten their scores. I'm assuming that most of the people on here have taken practice tests, whether it be in a barrons book or a kaplan one. So if you got your scores, what percentage of the questions did you normally get right, and what score did you get on the pcat, because i have NO idea how many you need to get right to get a good score at all and that kind of freaks me out.

Thanks

In Kansas City and just got the scores. :thumbup:

Verbal - 447 96
Biology - 478 99
Reading - 434 92
Quantitative - 464 98
Chemistry - 501 99
Composite - 465 99

as far as the verbal and the reading comprehension, the only way to improve is to do more practice exams. the biology, math and chem is where your knowledge is tested. i used the Kaplan book to study then i bought both the PCAT practice exams online. Ye, its $21 a pop, but it gave me a good idea on how I was doing. basically, i was deficient in organic and calculus. since Kaplan book was really poor on the organic review I basically went through my organic book, but very superficially. one thing you have to bear in mind is that at the end, your score will reflect on how well/bad all the other people did who took the exam that day. if for example, everyone bombed the math section but you did fairly well, you might get a 99%, conversly, if you did pretty good on the math, but the majority of people taking it killed that section, you might get a 40%. so, the bottom line, know your sciences and math and practice the verbal passages and analogies and you should be in good shape.

Wonderful Scores!!! Can u please let the oct pcat takers :scared:know how you prepared for the exam?

I know that you didn't ask me, but I scored above 90 as well, and frankly, I studied approx three to five hours a day for a number of weeks, and had just taken ochem. I used my textbooks as well as Kaplans. I felt that Kaplans was misleading. They minimized or all together didn't cover the trig, calc, and ochem that was on the exam. Also, micro specific disease questions were asked.

FYI, I was rejected by USN last year because I am not a good interviewer, and I have my own struggles. I am working very hard on this, which to so many people, comes naturally.

i also just got back the score today...
verbal 64
biology 60
reading 74
math 98
chemistry 99
composite 91

wish i had studied Biology and vocabulary more over the summer....all these scores above make my score look bad now...:(

I know that you didn't ask me, but I scored above 90 as well, and frankly, I studied approx three to five hours a day for a number of weeks, and had just taken ochem. I used my textbooks as well as Kaplans. i felt that Kaplans was misleading. They minimized or all together didn't cover the trig, calc, and ochem that was on the exam. Also, micro specific disease questions were asked.

FYI, I was rejected by USN last year because I am not a good interviewer, and I have my own struggles. I am working very hard on this, which to so many people, come naturally.

How do you feel you did on the PCAT? Did you think you did awesome on all the sections(before getting your scores)? I just want to get an idea of how I did. Were you confident that all your answers were correct or how....?

shoot, that composite is good!!!!! I hope i willl get score like that!

i also just got back the score today...
verbal 64
biology 60
reading 74
math 98
chemistry 99
composite 91

wish i had studied Biology and vocabulary more over the summer....all these scores above make my score look bad now...:(

,chem & maths scores look great. I think you would be fine.Congratulations:thumbup:

Here's my Aug score (I am kinda happy):

Verbal 50
Biology 74 (dropped, 84 last time)
Reading 30 (improved a bit, got 29 last time)
Maths 83(dropped, 93 last time)
Chem 99 (easy section if studied ochem)
Composite 82

Writing 3.0/2.5

I am a Chinese immigrant and I have studied my aXX off to boost up verbal to 50. Dun know what happened on reading comp., it just that I couldn't choose the right answer even though I saw the passages a couple times. I am applying Texas pharmacy schools, preferably UH and Texas Tech. TSU is my back-up school since they accepted me last year. What are my chances for UH and Texas Tech? Any input will be appreciated.

How do you feel you did on the PCAT? Did you think you did awesome on all the sections(before getting your scores)? I just want to get an idea of how I did. Were you confident that all your answers were correct or how....?

I felt that I had botched quantitative as I didn't know all of the answers and didn't have time to finish the last two or three. The fact that I hadn't gone over some of the material (as I only used Kaplans as a study guide) unnerved me.

I felt that I had botched quantitative as I didn't know all of the answers and didn't have time to finish the last two or three. The fact that I hadn't gone over some of the material (as I only used Kaplans as a study guide) unnerved me.

Thanks for replying:).

thanks Chiko....I'm in Texas too...my top 3 schools are UT Austin, Texas tech and Texas A&M at Kingsville. So I hope we might see each other at Texas Tech then...:)....Talking about the PCAT, I was kinda disappointed with my score though...well, given the fact that I didn't study much of Biology section over the summer + I haven't taken Anatomy-Physiology yet, I don't know if I should retake it....Will the school only look at your Composite, or they'll consider all the sections you score?

Second time takin it, man I am happy with the results

Verbal: 99
Bio: 94
Reading: 98
Quant: 64
Chem: 87
Comp: 98

nice job dpenny, on your practice tests how many did you usually get wrong on each section?

as far as the verbal and the reading comprehension, the only way to improve is to do more practice exams. the biology, math and chem is where your knowledge is tested. i used the Kaplan book to study then i bought both the PCAT practice exams online. Ye, its $21 a pop, but it gave me a good idea on how I was doing. basically, i was deficient in organic and calculus. since Kaplan book was really poor on the organic review I basically went through my organic book, but very superficially. one thing you have to bear in mind is that at the end, your score will reflect on how well/bad all the other people did who took the exam that day. if for example, everyone bombed the math section but you did fairly well, you might get a 99%, conversly, if you did pretty good on the math, but the majority of people taking it killed that section, you might get a 40%. so, the bottom line, know your sciences and math and practice the verbal passages and analogies and you should be in good shape.

The PCAT is scored against everyone who took the test for the first time since 1998 (or some year around there). The PCAT isn't scored on how people did relative to you the day you took it.

On another note, no PCAT yet. I checked my mailbox twice today...lol.

thanks for the correction on that. either way though your score is benchmarked against other people. so wht i was trying to drive across is do your best and that's all you can do.

Verbal: 96
Reading: 92
Quant: 98
Chem: 93
Composite: 98

I'm surprised I did as well as I did in biology and chemistry, since I haven't taken microbiology or organic chemistry before. However, this board gave me a good idea of what to study for organic, and it was pretty much spot on =) Couldn't have done it without you, SDN. The Harcourt practice tests are a good indication of what to expect as well.

Verbal: 96
Reading: 92
Quant: 98
Chem: 93
Composite: 98

I'm surprised I did as well as I did in biology and chemistry, since I haven't taken microbiology or organic chemistry before. However, this board gave me a good idea of what to study for organic, and it was pretty much spot on =) Couldn't have done it without you, SDN. The Harcourt practice tests are a good indication of what to expect as well.

Hey nice job eviscerate, sorry to keep asking people this but no one seems to answer me... how many questions did you generally get wrong in each section of the kaplan tests.

got mines a hour ago... disappointing...

verbal: 412 71
bio: 449 96
reading: 399 48... wth
quantitative: 430 89
chem: 439 93 ... pretty good with no organic
comp: 426 90

writing: col 2 ps: 3.5

reading just ruins it for me... sigh... major to premed now...

Verbal 96
Biology 90
Reading 81
Quant 73
Chemistry 60

Composite 88

Writing: 4.0 and 3.5

Ok... I am pleasantly surprised at the 88%, but I'm concerned about the chemistry section. It's been 6 years since college, and even longer since I've taken a chemistry course? Knowing that my score could very well go down, should I retake the test?

Thanks. :)

Here's my Aug score (I am kinda happy):

Verbal 50
Biology 74 (dropped, 84 last time)
Reading 30 (improved a bit, got 29 last time)
Maths 83(dropped, 93 last time)
Chem 99 (easy section if studied ochem)
Composite 82

Writing 3.0/2.5

I am a Chinese immigrant and I have studied my aXX off to boost up verbal to 50. Dun know what happened on reading comp., it just that I couldn't choose the right answer even though I saw the passages a couple times. I am applying Texas pharmacy schools, preferably UH and Texas Tech. TSU is my back-up school since they accepted me last year. What are my chances for UH and Texas Tech? Any input will be appreciated.

If I were you, I would contact Tech and UH & see if they have a cut off score for indiv. sections...I know some schools will only interview if you have a 60 percentile or above in all sections..usually I think it's 50..but Tech seems to have high standards, from looking at their stats..definitely contact them..I think you have a good chance!

I've been lurking these forums since the beginning of Summer during my preparation for the August PCAT.

Got my results the mail:

Verbal: 60
Biology: 94
Reading: 86
Quant: 83
Chemistry: 98

Composite: 93

Writing: 3.0/3.5

Well, I've been on this forum for a few months now, and it's finally my turn to post scores...

Verbal 423 83%
Biology 428 87%
R Comp 416 74%
Quant. 449 96%
Chemistry 451 97%

Composite 433 94%

Writing 3.0/3.0

Not so happy about my Reading Comprehension scores, but a huge sigh a relief followed by a big :D

Thank God.

For Texas Tech, according to their information booklet about the admission process, they select applicants to interview by using a regressional formula that put together GPA, Bio-Chem-Reading-Composite score on PCAT (no Verbal & Math).

Source:http://www.ttuhsc.edu/SOP/current/students/currentcatalog/2005/catalog0506.pdf

Plus, I do think if you get a very high GPA like >3.8, it will overshadow your poor Verbal score anyhow.

Hey nice job eviscerate, sorry to keep asking people this but no one seems to answer me... how many questions did you generally get wrong in each section of the kaplan tests.
I did not really take the Kaplan tests, sorry. I only remember doing the diagnostic for biology seriously, and I missed 2/24 or something.

correct me if I'm wrong: the percentile rank (percentage) is based on the percent of the examinees that took the PCAT in 1998? can someone further elaborate why you can have a high scale but low percentage? thank you!!

anyone know where one can find out how many peeps actually took the exam in Aug? is there a way to find out? jst wondering because everyone posting here has gotten 80+ composite so far...

For Texas Tech, according to their information booklet about the admission process, they select applicants to interview by using a regressional formula that put together GPA, Bio-Chem-Reading-Composite score on PCAT (no Verbal & Math).

Source:http://www.ttuhsc.edu/SOP/current/students/currentcatalog/2005/catalog0506.pdf

Plus, I do think if you get a very high GPA like >3.8, it will overshadow your poor Verbal score anyhow.

Thx for replying. I do have 3.8 GPA (according to Texas tech), but my low reading score of 30 is going to look bad in the application....I would rather they count my verbal score...Should I retake the PCAT?