AUHS got pre-candidate status- hold on to your hats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not our problem. hope the fall comes quicker lol. then supply and demand balances itself ahahah. And hopefully school closes down
yeah, not really my concern. But I do feel bad for some of my classmates who only had 2-3 years of undergrad before they started pharm school. This pharmacist thing is like all they have, and they worked as tech during the school. I know a few of them deliberately took easy undergrad courses to boost GPA so that they could get in. When this whole thing crashes, they are probably the ones that will be hit the hardest if they don't already have a backup plan in place.
 
yeah, not really my concern. But I do feel bad for some of my classmates who only had 2-3 years of undergrad before they started pharm school. This pharmacist thing is like all they have, and they worked as tech during the school. I know a few of them deliberately took easy undergrad courses to boost GPA so that they could get in. When this whole thing crashes, they are probably the ones that will be hit the hardest if they don't already a backup plan in place.
i say majority of my class didn't want to do pharmacy. 90 percent and this all they have. I'm a weird open mind person who traveled to 42 countries. So I seen a lot of things and meet a lot of people of different background. Hopefully they find their passion. Art and writing. Most are married and pregnant now. They though pharmacy school was easy for women. Now it's not... for anyone. The ones who can adapt are the winners.
 
Does California really need all these schools? I mean I understand its a money milking machine but they have to have some kind of conscience about how stupid this is... where is the demand?! Someone please post some kind of real statistics to show that pharmacists are in need! Lol good lord.
well, when the nearby USC charges $58,836 a year for their 4 year program, anything that charges less will appear to be a bargain. There comes the demand.
 
I've had some issues with Northstate students while "precepting" so I cannot imagine the dreck coming out this new one.

I really try not to make it a fill-bitch rotation and make them do counseling and "cognitive" tasks but the effort level is really uninspiring when you have anything other than a top 10% student, which makes sense as in 2019 you probably definitely are an idiot if you go to one of these schools .
 
Last edited:
I've had some issues with Northstate students while "precepting" so I cannot imagine the dreck coming out this new one.

I really try not to make it a fill-bitch rotation and make them do counseling and "cognitive" tasks but the effort level is really uninspiring when you have anything other than a top 10% student, which makes sense as in 2019 you probably definitely are an idiot if you go to one of these schools .
Top 10% academic students are typically functionally adept. Prior work experience is what separates apha nerds from ppl that actually know whats going on.
 
well, when the nearby USC charges $58,836 a year for their 4 year program, anything that charges less will appear to be a bargain. There comes the demand.

Maybe USC deserve more boycott than this AUHS lol, it says they do small class with only 60 people while USC is having 200 lol, JkJk
 
Maybe USC deserve more boycott than this AUHS lol, it says they do small class with only 60 people while USC is having 200 lol, JkJk

At the same time, USC grads managed to get 90 plus percent on most board exams, while westcoast, Chapman, and California Health grads were in the 65-70 percent. I had a thread on this a while ago with the specific stats ... If I was to go to Pharm school, and this would make me a complete ***** and god be with me, I’d much rather pay more and go to usc. More chances that I get job, pass the test and get licensed, have decent rotations sites/professors , and won’t be the Laughing stock of SDN
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does California really need all these schools? I mean I understand its a money milking machine but they have to have some kind of conscience about how stupid this is... where is the demand?! Someone please post some kind of real statistics to show that pharmacists are in need! Lol good lord.
Fun fact: there are more pharmacy schools in California than there are medical schools.
 
Ha ha indeed. All the independents in IL are closing up from lack of reimbursement. Independent pharmacies across Illinois say they can’t afford to stay open. Here’s why. I am sure other states are facing similar dilemma's. This is definitely no time to be starting pharmacy school.

Coincidentally, California Medicaid has implemented a reduced reimbursement system based on NADAC reimbursement rather than AWP. Not a good time to open any pharmacy schools anywhere lol, but hey there those emerging clinical roles. Let’s give these deans and faculty members a friendly welcome they are helping advance the profession and fill a shortage
 
Coincidentally, California Medicaid has implemented a reduced reimbursement system based on NADAC reimbursement rather than AWP. Not a good time to open any pharmacy schools anywhere lol, but hey there those emerging clinical roles. Let’s give these deans and faculty members a friendly welcome they are helping advance the profession and fill a shortage
the forum should open a pharmacy school. And we should be facilities hahahah
 
the forum should open a pharmacy school. And we should be facilities hahahah

There was a thread a few years ago where we talked about that, unfortunately, it never panned out. Pharmacy schools is where the money is these days.
 
Does California really need all these schools? I mean I understand its a money milking machine but they have to have some kind of conscience about how stupid this is... where is the demand?! Someone please post some kind of real statistics to show that pharmacists are in need! Lol good lord.

Half of my class at Touro NY in 2012 was kids from California, and they all just went back to California after graduation.