aussie interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leorl

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do international interviews for australian schools take place in the US? The general interview time is late August - early October, but just wondering if they handle international students differently. Kinda sucks because Irish schools commence usually the 1st week of October, while the Australian schools are just finishing their interviews or just starting to notify people of acceptance/rejection. If given an interview, I'd like to see if I can find out my status earlier because if rejected, then I'd still want to make commencement in Ireland on time (if accepted there, of course).

Aussie students, what did you do on your down time after graduation? There's almost a year free before starting in Australia! I guess I'd be working my arse off trying to earn plane fare money ;).

Members don't see this ad.

The interviews for international students do generally take place between August and October. The interview time isn't any different for international students in general. I know Flinders has an early acceptance program now and that they interview for it in the late spring. I am unaware of whether the other Aussie schools also offer EDP. The EDP would be your best bet if you are considering schools with an October start date.

I believe most people who finished the previous May/June worked. However, given the average age of students at Flinders I know most of the students are not right out of undergrad but rather worked a couple of years before applying so the issue of having a "year off" really doesn't apply to them.

Best of luck.

Just out of curiosity, what schools have you applied to leorl?

Members don't see this ad :)
tidy_kiwi (that's a cute name!), I haven't applied anywhere yet :). The australian applications aren't due til June (so will send in April or early May, then forward my MCAT results). The atlantic bridge program that you use to apply to Irish schools doesn't send applications out until September.

Anyway, I'll probably be applying to the Royal College of Surgeons and Trinity College, both in Ireland (Dublin). And in Australia, I'll apply to Univ. of Melbourne, and either Flinders Univ. or Univ. of Sydney - I can't decide which yet.

And if things don't work out, then US ed. it is for me, but I'm not thinking about that right now :rolleyes:

Good luck!! Hope things go well!