Australian vet schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pinkelephant

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to go to either sydney, melbourne or murdoch, but I don't really know the differences between the schools. Anybody know which is the best?
 
I want to go to either sydney, melbourne or murdoch, but I don't really know the differences between the schools. Anybody know which is the best?

They are all excellent vet schools. They are all accredited by all the same bodies. If I were you, I would base my decision on which city I prefered to live in and maybe which program had the cheapest tuition. 🙂
 
They are all excellent vet schools. They are all accredited by all the same bodies. If I were you, I would base my decision on which city I prefered to live in and maybe which program had the cheapest tuition. 🙂

(professionally it won't make a difference)
 
Can't say for sure which is best, or even which city is the best to live in. For me living in Perth is similar to living in north Florida (temperature and culture wise) as Murdoch is on the outskirts of the 'city'.

And it's probably just Murdoch staff and locals pumping us up, but we keep hearing that Murdoch has the best reputation of the vet schools in the country. *shrug* It's a good school, but yeah you are probably going to get a good education at any of them, so it comes down to where you want to live.