author manuscript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dante72

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I published my paper in an open access pubmed cited journal and the editor said I have to submit the article in pubmed as author manuscript myself.
so i went there at : NIHMS — Login Options
but there are a list of log ins which i don't know which should i pick and continue ?
any idea?

Members don't see this ad.

ok that problem got solved you have to go thorough NCBI log in
new problem :) : i payed for it myself and since i don't have a grant i don't know what should i pick for funders/ grant

P.S : apparently since i payed for it and did't use a grant i can't submit in pubmed :/
what should i do now?

Last edited:
ok that problem got solved you have to go thorough NCBI log in
new problem :) : i payed for it myself and since i don't have a grant i don't know what should i pick for funders/ grant

P.S : apparently since i payed for it and did't use a grant i can't submit in pubmed :/
what should i do now?
That is not true. A journal's publication costs have nothing to do with PubMed. It could be that the journal is not indexed by PubMed (it will say it on the journal's website). If that is the case, you're right, you are out of luck. If it is PubMed indexed, you do nothing to get it searchable in PubMed. The grant funding thing is related to have the article be in PubMed Central, which is required by all NIH funded studies.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
That is not true. A journal's publication costs have nothing to do with PubMed. It could be that the journal is not indexed by PubMed (it will say it on the journal's website). If that is the case, you're right, you are out of luck. If it is PubMed indexed, you do nothing to get it searchable in PubMed. The grant funding thing is related to have the article be in PubMed Central, which is required by all NIH funded studies.
this is my case :
I published it in EC dental science it's listed on pubmed list of journals but not in MEDline
the publisher told me i have to submit it myself as author manuscript : ' We would like to inform you that, EC Dental Science is under evaluation process from the publisher end. As an author, if you have any login credentials of HHS Public access, you can index your article as Author manuscript in PubMed. '
so i went to pubmed and it redirected me to NIH site to submit my article
what did i do wrong?

this is my case :
I published it in EC dental science it's listed on pubmed list of journals but not in MEDline
the publisher told me i have to submit it myself as author manuscript : ' We would like to inform you that, EC Dental Science is under evaluation process from the publisher end. As an author, if you have any login credentials of HHS Public access, you can index your article as Author manuscript in PubMed. '
so i went to pubmed and it redirected me to NIH site to submit my article
what did i do wrong?
So, an author can not submit an article to PubMed. Journals indexed by PubMed will have their articles published by their journal indexed in PubMed after the manuscript receives a DOI number and is MEDline indexed. PubMed is really just a search engine. Authors can submit their articles to PubMed Central.
How Papers Get Into PMC
It is Method C at the bottom of the page.

That being said, I am unaware of an article being able to be submitted to PMC when it is not indexed in MEDline. However, I have also never submitted an article that wasn’t MEDline indexed. I suggest trying Method C of the PMC submission process and see what happens.

Reactions: 1 user
So, an author can not submit an article to PubMed. Journals indexed by PubMed will have their articles published by their journal indexed in PubMed after the manuscript receives a DOI number and is MEDline indexed. PubMed is really just a search engine. Authors can submit their articles to PubMed Central.
How Papers Get Into PMC
It is Method C at the bottom of the page.

That being said, I am unaware of an article being able to be submitted to PMC when it is not indexed in MEDline. However, I have also never submitted an article that wasn’t MEDline indexed. I suggest trying Method C of the PMC submission process and see what happens.
Thank you so much i will

There’s some weird back door method that if you list it in pubmed central it will be pubmed indexed in a non-pubmed indexed journal. For example, some such journals will have like 7 articles listed in pubmed but they are not a pubmed indexed journal. I’ve never quite understood it, maybe this is the way.

Bottom line is it’s besr to submit to pubmed indexed journals. One of ERAS’s required blanks is the pubmed id.