Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Autobiograhpical essay advice?

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by lnh507, Jul 30, 2015.

1. lnh507

2+ Year Member

I'm applying to the Army-Baylor DPT program, and one of their required supplemental questions is an autobiographical essay with the following prompt:

"Please write an autobiographical sketch about your life. Please include where you grew up and the key events which shaped your life such as major accomplishments, mistakes, influential people, and challenges you've faced."

Just wondering if anyone else who's had to write an essay like this one could offer any advice or input as to how to approach it/what you talked about, etc. I just don't really know where to start with this one. Thanks guys

2. Macklelaur

2+ Year Member

I can send you an unedited email version of mine if you'd like. I talked briefly about my family, how I found this field and why I love it, what kind of student I was in college, etc. I just made sure that my story represented who I was: my ambition, sense of humor, compassion--- all of those things and tied them all in to say why I'll be a successful candidate for their program.