7) Derm - roughly 245 (but you'll hear 260+!)EctopicFetus said:Your school may have such a resource I know mine does. Also you can post in some of the forums and get an answer. Here are a few I know.
1) EM - right around the national average of 217
2) Ortho- around 230
3) NeuroSurg - 238 Also for many of the early match fields you can get this info from the web site. Just do a google search for either early match or San francisco match.
4) IM - about 220 for a good program
5) OB/GYN I think the average is around 207
6) Neuro around 207
The sfmatch gives that information out every year. So you can find this information for all of the early match specialties (ENT, neuro, ophtho, etc). I'm not sure if the NRMP publishes it though. The national average matching board score for ophtho was around 229 this year, and the avg unmatched board score was 213.U4iA said:I have been looking for a resource that lists the average board score for various specialties without any luck. Any suggestions? Thanks.
You might consider contacting your administration for some useful data. (The data will be, of course, specific to your school and subject to the usual caveats about generalizability.) For example, the University of North Carolina keeps similar data on their students:U4iA said:I have been looking for a resource that lists the average board score for various specialties without any luck. Any suggestions? Thanks.